Array

School
    10th Planet SD/SV/Freaks

Allow me to reintroduce myself / PSA

I'm seeing that this is kinda protocol on this forum, so I'm going to do an official introduction just so everyone knows who I am and what I'm about. It might be a bit long, so I apologize up front. I've never done this sort of shit, but I respect every member of the 10th Planet family so I'm taking the time to introduce myself to you guys.

My name is Josh and I guess I'd say I am a friend/fan of Eddie and 10th Planet. I'm from San Diego, CA. I'm 27 years old and I'm obsessed with jiu jitsu. I'm also currently addicted to playing chess so set ups and strategy intrigue me. I have a bit of a martial arts background in Chinese Kenpo and Kung Fu karate. My dad was an instructor before I was born and as I was growing up, so I learned a lot from him as a kid. I also took Tae Kwon Do for a few years. I grew up watching old PKA tournaments and full contact Kickboxing fights that we had on VHS and shit lol. Chuck Norris and Van Damme movies, Bruce Lee and all that jazz. I competed in a few karate tournaments as a kid but I started skateboarding around 10 or 11 (also starting smoking herb at 11 years old) and just fell out of karate. I've been a diehard UFC fan since about 2004 or 2005. I remember seeing it as a kid when it first started happening and playing the video game on ps1, but I just never got into it that much back then. I was too into skateboarding. (I really wish I'da just started this shit when I was 12 and focused less on the skateboard. It wrecked my body at a young age.) I remember seeing the Eddie Bravo scorecards back in the day though and I used to think Eddie was some old judge or something, lol. I never saw his face. I started to do research and instantly became a fan as I saw what he was about. The Renato shit hooked me too. lol

Anyway, I am an audio engineer and hip hop artist. I've been writing / making music my whole life and I also throw a lot of shows in SD. I wanted to meet Eddie so I booked him / Smoke Serpent for a show out in San Diego in 2012. I released an album called "Conspiracy Theories" on 9/11/2012 and he saw me perform it live. He liked one of the songs and was kind enough to play it on his podcast. I respect the shit out of him and his team. As for jiu jitsu... I've been trying to train since about 2006. My brother is on the pro team at The Arena MMA and has been fighting since like 2007, so I had been rolling with him for a few years and took a couple classes there. I was interested in doing jiu jitsu full time and I went to Vista once or twice, but I have been going through a few personal things for the past 6 or 7 years and after a while I wasn't able to actually train or take any classes anymore. I had to have a surgery in January just so I could go to class again. That's a whole other long story for another occasion lol... but I didn't have the greatest medical insurance and couldn't afford surgery for a while. I had to get a loan just to pay for it and am finally getting back to normal. I'm back on the mats and training at Atos jiu jitsu, as well as Vista when I can get up there! I want to learn as much as I can and I am loving every minute of it. I guess I would say my goal in jiu jitsu is to earn a Black Belt in the gi, as well as a 10th Planet BB from Eddie. (I used to get into a few street fights when I was younger so knowing how to choke a guy with his jacket can come in handy! haha)

So... I guess I'm the 10th Planet guy in class at Atos now. I am always fishing for the lockdown and the professor always says "Master da system" to me haha with his brazilian accent. I tapped some guy with an electric chair tonight and everyone yelled "VAPORIZER" lool.. the professor started calling me Josh Bravo. #smh I gotta figure out how to get him to stop.

So yeah, that's my short story. Thank you for taking the time to get to know me a bit. I hope to get to know everyone as well. I post in here sometimes but nobody really knew me so I figured this would be worthwhile. Feel free to holler back!

Ps. If you want to check some conspiracy hip hop, peep out the album. It's available everywhere on the interwebs. Just click this link - http://ConspiracyTheorists.bandcamp.com

OSS