Array

School
    Shraders mma/10th Planet Rochester

vaporizer help needed

Need some help with the vaporizer guys...when I try and go from stoner control and roll to get to the vaporizer I seem to be getting stuck and am unable to complete the roll. I can just reach down and grab the foot to get the tap just fine but I would like to master the roll. Im a small guy and most of my opponents are larger than me and are stopping me upside down when I start to roll...any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Practice your ninja rolls. Remember you have to have them pushing you away trying to create space from stoner top. I find that the closer my shoulder is to his hip when I hit the mat the easier the roll is. Also remember your leg works. Just my 2 cents
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

I find the roll easier if the leg I have in lockdown while in top stoner is really deep...... (ie) your crotch on their thigh up high close to their crotch.

It gives me greater range of motion when twisting dropping my shoulder and rolling..... Don't even need the push off.

But just practice it and really commit to your roll throw your body down into it, and use your legs at the 1/2 way point to help nudge them in the right direction.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Trez "Rat" Reyna View Post
    Practice your ninja rolls. Remember you have to have them pushing you away trying to create space from stoner top. I find that the closer my shoulder is to his hip when I hit the mat the easier the roll is. Also remember your leg works. Just my 2 cents
    Good advice
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie