Array

School
    VSBJJ

Brooklyn NY Submission Only tournament

Had a blast doing my first submission only tournament this Saturday. Placed 2nd in both my Gi and No-Gi divisions with help from moves I learned on MTS. There weren't many Execs(30+) in my Blue belt Division so they threw me in with the youngin's. I was basically shot after the first match so my conditioning needs a lot of work. Way different from doing 6 minute rolls in class. Also learned a lot about the things I need to work on for next time. I will post videos to come, both the good and the bad. It might be good for people wanting to see how some of this stuff translates in Gi. Please, any pointers are much appreciated.
    Last edited by Rayinny; 04-27-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    First Match, it ended in a draw because my submissions kinda suck right now.

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    Second match, the other guy in my part of the bracket had a bye so me and the guy from the first match had another lease on life. We both faced the guy with the bye, the first guy lost again and I got the sub...so I got to advance.

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    Lost in the finals, he outworked me and kept regaining guard. I also need a lot of work learning to pass the z guard. The guys I met at the tournament were ultra friendly. Only me another white belt from my school made it to this tourney. But coaches and competitors from other teams were helping me throughout.

Last edited by Rayinny; 04-27-2014 at 03:30 AM.

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    Another long match, unfortunately a lot of footage is missing from this one. Got a lot of Electric chair sweeps in this one. I learned that I am very susceptible to the guillotine.

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    part 2

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    Just got flat out dominated, almost embarrassed to post this one. Here is where my conditioning totally failed me. I had just a couple minutes rest from the previous match. This guy won the award for the fastest submission of the tournament (26 seconds). At least I survived a little longer than that...

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    Also the guy who won first in Gi told me this was his 6th tournament...I don't think I would be able to hang with these younger and more experienced guys without MTS and especially the lockdown.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    God bless the lockdown. You seem to have had a LOT of mat time this day.

Array

School
    VSBJJ
    Yes, I'm feeling it all over today. Not as bad as the weight cut though