Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    N/A

The first time you made someone tap in competition Thread

How did It feel?
    what were your thoughts at that very moment.

Array

School
    Pardee Combat/CoringaoBJJ (Future home of 10th Planet Jiujitsu Ballground, GA)
    Cant really remember, who it was that I submitted, but I remember how it felt, I was on top of the world for days, but I was also very young. What I love more than anything though, is watching a squid, catch his or her first submission. When allthat drilling comes together, and they catch someone. Its like a proud papa, watching his kid take their first steps...amazeing feeling!

I actually wasnt that excited about the submission. I was more excited that it was my very first win, which overshadowed the fact that it was my first submission, but i was happy. Oddly enough i wasnt like ecstatic, but i was happy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I actually have a video of the monumental occasion thanks to Ryan. I was fairly nervous and had no idea how I'd stack up against others. It basically validated all the time I had already spent training as well as showed that I was on the right path with 10th Planet and listening to SponginBob. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=3QJ4I3K8SPw

I went it so nervious i wanted to throw up bad, he shot on me i sunk in a standing guillotine and 4 seconds later he tapped id won my first match in a total of 29 seconds, i didnt hit me then and there but later on that day i realized in that moment theres nothing more pure in life then competing against someone and making them admit that they cannot continue
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I felt pretty good. I went crazy after my first twister though.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    It felt good. I won by triangle...then won my second match by triangle...then won my third match and my first gold by triangle. I like triangles.

Array

School
    Foundations BJJ Academy, Madison WI
    I know this is going to tell people how old i am, but my first submission win was in 1996, i was training under chris brennen (UFC 15-17) and roger brooking from brazil, at the "Next Generation BJJ Academy" in Mission Viejo, CA. My first actual win was by RNC, and I really had no idea I had actually tapped the guy out, I was so jazzed that i had actually avoided his take down and scrambled my scrawny ass onto his back and grabbed some lapels that I didn't realize I was choking him. he tapped and the ref pushed me off of him and i almost got pissed at the ref for ruining my awesome scramble. heh. but when i realized what happened, i just stood there looking around to see if anyone else saw me do it.. it was an awesome mind fuck feeling. i just choked a dude for the first time in competition.. what 18 year old guy wouldnt love that?

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    it was NAGA 2010 ..my opponent was this big tall blond white supreimacist,,all tattoed up....i won by americana..it felt real good

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    MMA fight - mid 90s. I got rocked right off the bat with this guys blind over hand right (I still think it was a lucky punch)...anyway. All my wins and my rep was as a striker at this point...but this fight went to the ground (not of my choosing and I took his back and rear naked choked him. It was a mixed feeling. I was glad I won but felt like I lost because I didnt finich him on my feet. I know better now ...a win is a win and everyone has a punchers chance...even that lucky S.O.B.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast