Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA

Rener and Eve Gracie on rolling with the opposite sex: thoughts?

Warning, it's an hour long. I thought there was some value here.

~Joshua

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Eh you come to jiu jitsu to do jiu jitsu. I've rolled with a fair share of women and it's just rolling. It's not any different than rolling with a guy. For the first few times it might be awkward and it is kinda funny watching noobs roll with a girl for the first time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i think it was really good. it brought up a few things to be careful with when rolling with the other gender but i think it was a lot more about overall rolling etiquette. i like rolling with women because they have usually learnt to work with technique rather than strength and its a far more enjoyable roll. same as rolling with smaller guys. but those are generalisations there are big guys that are great to roll with too, but not as many.

Great video.... Good info & things to look out for.

I personally like getting smashed once in a while, I was completely crushed by a few stripe blue belt this weekend and learned allot about my sweep game being far to reliant on strength cause I couldn't over power him at all from any position, Now I've been very focused on technique and will do much better next time I roll with him.

I like to roll or roll with someone that does things in sequence, like we roll for a bit then if you keep hitting the same thing over & over on them STOP and let them know how to defend it then keep going once you can't hit that move easy anymore. (Repeat)

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    I have no issues rolling with females. I've dominated some and I've also been absolutely crushed by others, all around the same size as myself. The same has happened when I roll with guys. Just another roll.

Although, I would thoroughly enjoy having a girlfriend who trains the jujitz.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Although, I would thoroughly enjoy having a girlfriend who trains the jujitz.
    I once had that, man it's a great time. Everyone needs to have at least one girlfriend once before they die (forever thankful for how she changed my life).

On the video, I'm not finished but I def agree with alot of it (the smashers, the emotional ones, and then being a good partner too)

Array

School
    Aalborg BJJ
    All i can say that i can see myself in it. Im a little nervous girl. And we havd a lot of smashers in our gym. And thats making me feel even more nervous than i was in the beginning. I once tried a smasher kind of guy.. he cranked my neck so hard that it said snap sounds 5 times /: not gonna roll with that guy again. I can totally agree that some guys are scared of being tapped out by a girl, so thats not making it easier. There have been a lot of different girls in the 1 1\2 year i have been there. Not many is holding on in the long run (:

Array

School
    Combat Base
    Most of the women I have rolled with have had awesome technique. I must admit though that when I rolled against my head instructor (who is the first female to earn a bjj black belt in Europe) I did once use all my strength to crush her, as I was 16 stone and she was barely 8 stone, and felt good when I tapped her with a toe hold as I'd tapped a black belt. All I can say to my past self is, what a complete dick! I think you should tone the power, crushing, strength techniques down when rolling with most females, unless they have a beard of course.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Didn't watch, but common sense goes a long way. I'm used to being the larger person anyway, so it's not an issue to respectfully dial it down. Not because they're poor weak little wimps, but because when I roll I prefer it's skill vs skill, not skill vs size/strength.

Respect all your partners equally, no?

Array

School
    Combat Base
    Totally agree David. You should go to class to learn and help others learn. Leave the ego at the door, relax and enjoy yourself. My ego was way out of control for years. I hope I have tamed that beast now though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast