Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

Eddie Seminar Will Not Be As Much Fun This Year.

image.jpg

Every year I look forward to Eddie making his way to the East Coast and sharing some wisdom. It's a big deal for me since I don't get to train at a 10th planet school. Makes me feel like I'm really part of the 10th Planet world if only for a couple days at a time.

This year I will have to watch from the sidelines. I finally had the shoulder surgery I have put off for 2 years. So I will be out of action for 6-8 months. But surgery was a success and should be able to come back 100%.

I still plan on coming down and watching from the sidelines and soaking up as much wisdom as I can.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    You will always have a place reserved for you deep in the heart of 10p, bahleedat :-)

Time flies Conner, you will be back on the mat in the blink of an eye
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Hope you recover quickly Connor. Make sure you listen to your doctors/surgeons/physios and take their advice. It will be frustrating but try not to rush back into things. When I was around your age I seriously injured my knee playing basketball. After the best part of 6 months on crutches I ignored everyone's advice and started playing competitively again. What followed was years of issues as I kept re-injuring the same knee and then rushing back too quickly and getting injured again.

Array

School
    In between schools
    Connor, I've damaged my left shoulder as well (although mine didn't require surgery). I would go very light when drilling Americana's and Kimura's and watch out for the bench pressing motion from the bottom (to create space) when sparring. All three of those will cause my shoulder to become sore but will go away after several weeks.

Besides recommended PT. You could transition to light lifting (esp with shoulder) and also run a few weeks prior to help your cardio for when you hit the mat.

Speedy recovery my friend!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    It will be just as fun for me

LOL get better soon brotha!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Coach Zog always telling it the way it is. Lol.

Trust me guys this sucks !!! But not really as depressed about it as it may sound. Yes missing rolling with Eddie and all the 10th Planet gang sucks. Yes not fighting sucks ( I had wanted to have 10 amateur MMA matches by the close of this year, I'm going to be stuck on 6 for a while ) Yes getting invited to a bunch of invitational jiu jitsu tournaments that I can't go to sucks.

But I am really glad I had it done. I have one of the best Dr's on the East Coast. I plan on following everything he tells me to the letter. He invented a stitch while doing the repair to keep speed on my punches and keep mobility in my shoulder for jiu jitsu. All the people that work with me said it had to be done. I have plans of having a long career and I want to be the best of the best. I can't do that 1 armed. It will be a long road but I'm excited to show everyone what I can do at 100%. The pain and suffering and all the rehab time will be worth the reward.

Oh yeah about the pain and suffering. Everyone including my Dr said this is a horrible surgery and the first 5 days after will be some of the most painful I will ever experience. Now that those 5 days are behind me I will simply say....they weren't F@#king kidding!!!!
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    Gig Harbor Kickboxing & MMA
    Shoulder surgery sucks! Ive felt your pain. Keep your head up and you'll be back on the mats in no time.