Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club

Eddie Bravo and Bjj Heroes

I don't know if we've already gone through this, but why doesn't Eddie have a page on BJJHeroes?
    You would think that they'd wanna cover the founder of a dynamic system with exponential growth on a global level, as well as the domination of a legend, with well over 50 high level wins at black belt-- AS A BROWN BELT.

I'm not trying to wash balls here, but this is stupid. Go through the entire list on the link and you'll find about 40 guys that you have never heard of, that haven't gone to a comp in 40 years, and live somewhere deep in Brazil, no longer doing bjj.

http://www.bjjheroes.com/a-z-bjj-fighters-list
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    strike martial arts
    instead of a bjj hero they should have 10th planet heroes lol

Array

School
    blank
    even more odd is that denny is there and explicitly belted by eddie

that said, i have gotten the impression that the people running the site are pretty cool. i wonder if they are just worried about catching heat from others who wouldn't want to see eddie there.

Array

School
    You'd think they'd want to add him in there somewhere.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    Anybody that doesn't recognize Eddie as a hero of BJJ can eat a bag of dicks

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    It is strange. Check out the comments on Denny's page the the site owner just kinda dodges the fact people are saying Eddie should have a page but replys to comments about Vinny and other things.

Array

School
    Yeah, it's way more odd than anything else. Andre Borges leads that site, and he got his black belt in '11 from Marco Canha (other guy you've never heard of). So for sure he shouldn't be one of those BJJ purists that don't want to accept Eddie's impact.

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Maintaining a site like that has to be really difficult. I bet if someone wrote up an article about Eddie they'd consider posting it.

Array

School
    Yeah I guess,but my thing is that I have seen so many articles mentioning Eddie or 10th planet and videos, there are hundreds of videos about this, I doubt it's about exposure, or a lack of persons willing to write about Eddie, considering Metamoris made more noise for a whole week than all of boxing and MMA.

Array

School
    NWMA/Team Megaton Eugene
    Maybe some other peeps here might disagree with me, but this strikes me as a patently political maneuver. Though there are people in the orthodox BJJ community who recognize as an innovator of no-gi BJJ; there are quite a few who wish they could erase all evidence of Eddie ever practicing jiu-jitsu, and of course beating Royler.

Eddie will get a page on BJJ Heroes long before he gets a main article in Gracie Mag, but that still seems far off for the forseeable future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast