Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin
    I am incredibly serious about rank, thus why I posted this looking for help. I haven't seen my instructor in at least 5 years. It's hard to be selective when you legitimately do not have the resources. If I have pictures with my instructor they would be back at my family's house. Muscle memory is still somewhat there, but I do not remember everything. Having long term memory loss doesn't mean I forgot everything that ever happened. Like I mentioned I have been back in full time training for almost 3 years, and I have a lot of working knowledge and ability, but I do not want to sandbag. That's the major issue. As far as taking rank seriously, I am asking for advice, if throwing on a white belt and going with it is the best route then I will gladly do it. I am really worried about getting in trouble for declaring myself at a lower level. Like be banned from competing under certain registration? Being stripped of all your wins to lie and say I'm another belt level? Honestly man, I don't blame you for your skepticism, I would be too. But I need some real help here.

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    http://www.today.colostate.edu/story.aspx?id=9399

“I started my training about nine years ago, just out of books. There aren’t any dojos in Craig so I just learned, and then my freshman year did the majority of tests for belt levels,” he said. “I just learned how to not be bullied by doing MMA.”
    It’s impressive enough that he’s a self-taught MMA expert, but the belts he has achieved are even more so: a black belt and mastery in Muy Thai; a second-degree black belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu; a black belt in Krav, Kendo and Ken Po; and belts for Judo and Capoeira. Each style is unique and represents martial arts from around the world.

This is you right? It says 9 years of study and lists five black belts, one a second degree in gjj, all self taught and no mention of overcomeing this disability. I'm calling bs my friend, I don't believe you have five bb and one a second degree in bjj. I will have 30 years in martial arts in march, I have a yodan in karate, coaching permission in chinese boxing and a blue belt in 10pjj. NO ONE gets five bb in 9 years, one being a second degree in gjj, no one!!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Thank you man, prayer is always welcomed.

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhersch View Post
    I am incredibly serious about rank, thus why I posted this looking for help. I haven't seen my instructor in at least 5 years. It's hard to be selective when you legitimately do not have the resources. If I have pictures with my instructor they would be back at my family's house. Muscle memory is still somewhat there, but I do not remember everything. Having long term memory loss doesn't mean I forgot everything that ever happened. Like I mentioned I have been back in full time training for almost 3 years, and I have a lot of working knowledge and ability, but I do not want to sandbag. That's the major issue. As far as taking rank seriously, I am asking for advice, if throwing on a white belt and going with it is the best route then I will gladly do it. I am really worried about getting in trouble for declaring myself at a lower level. Like be banned from competing under certain registration? Being stripped of all your wins to lie and say I'm another belt level? Honestly man, I don't blame you for your skepticism, I would be too. But I need some real help here.
    throw the white belt on

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    You havn't seen your instructor in 5 yeard, the article is from nov 2013 says you are self taught and have been training for 9 years. So you are trying to tell me you got a second degree gjj black belt in 4 years? and taught yourself 4 other arts and got bb in those also? really? where did you compete, and when? who gave you a bb in any of the arts you claim? you are worried about sandbagging huh? you shouldn't be, your not a gjj bb.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel View Post
    http://www.today.colostate.edu/story.aspx?id=9399

“I started my training about nine years ago, just out of books. There aren’t any dojos in Craig so I just learned, and then my freshman year did the majority of tests for belt levels,” he said. “I just learned how to not be bullied by doing MMA.”
    It’s impressive enough that he’s a self-taught MMA expert, but the belts he has achieved are even more so: a black belt and mastery in Muy Thai; a second-degree black belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu; a black belt in Krav, Kendo and Ken Po; and belts for Judo and Capoeira. Each style is unique and represents martial arts from around the world.

This is you right? It says 9 years of study and lists five black belts, one a second degree in gjj, all self taught and no mention of overcomeing this disability. I'm calling bs my friend, I don't believe you have five bb and one a second degree in bjj. I will have 30 years in martial arts in march, I have a yodan in karate, coaching permission in chinese boxing and a blue belt in 10pjj. NO ONE gets five bb in 9 years, one being a second degree in gjj, no one!!
    ^ Yeah people usually don't get a 2nd degree blackbelt and remain unknown. Someone has to know you from your jiu jitsu days. Hope everything works out for you

Array

School
    Ronin
    That's right, I'm not a Gracie black or second degree black. Find the article from the Coloradoan of me doing an interview to clear my name of the one you just posted. Or the other 5 or 6 articles that were true. I'm not any of those. There is no belt system in Muay Thai (which I trained for 9 years in, and where that number came from). I took 2 Kempo classes (not Ken Po). Studied the art of Kendo for school. Took a few Capoiera classes with colleagues. Did Judo when I was a little kid before trying Jiu-Jitsu. Which I did read all sorts of books when I was living in Craig, but was not self-taught by any means. I tried out all sorts of martial arts when I recovered. The only ones I had taken previously were Judo when I was really young, BJJ and Muay Thai.

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    That's right, I'm not a Gracie black or second degree black. Find the article from the Coloradoan of me doing an interview to clear my name of the one you just posted. Or the other 5 or 6 articles that were true. I'm not any of those. There is no belt system in Muay Thai (which I trained for 9 years in, and where that number came from). I took 2 Kempo classes (not Ken Po). Studied the art of Kendo for school. Took a few Capoiera classes with colleagues. Did Judo when I was a little kid before trying Jiu-Jitsu. Which I did read all sorts of books when I was living in Craig, but was not self-taught by any means. I tried out all sorts of martial arts when I recovered. The only ones I had taken previously were Judo when I was really
    young, BJJ and Muay Thai.
    My certs said I had reached my black belt in BJJ, and when I found it, I had my first stipe as well.-you
    I really would not do well up against another black-you
    https://www.facebook.com/matt.hersch...3995582&type=1 you in a bjj black belt
    I am incredibly serious about rank,-you
    but I do not want to sandbag.-you
    I am really worried about getting in trouble for declaring myself at a lower level. Like be banned from competing under certain registration?-you
    Being stripped of all your wins to lie and say I'm another belt level? -you
    so are you a black belt in bjj? or was that a lie?
    who gave you a bb in bjj?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Why dont you just contact your instructor that promoted you?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    That's right, I'm not a Gracie black or second degree black. Find the article from the Coloradoan of me doing an interview to clear my name of the one you just posted. Or the other 5 or 6 articles that were true. I'm not any of those. There is no belt system in Muay Thai (which I trained for 9 years in, and where that number came from). I took 2 Kempo classes (not Ken Po). Studied the art of Kendo for school. Took a few Capoiera classes with colleagues. Did Judo when I was a little kid before trying Jiu-Jitsu. Which I did read all sorts of books when I was living in Craig, but was not self-taught by any means. I tried out all sorts of martial arts when I recovered. The only ones I had taken previously were Judo when I was really young, BJJ and Muay Thai.
    why do you list a brown on this site? that means you are claiming a gjj bb or bjj bb or 10pjj brown, which is it?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast