Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Joe Rogan said it best.

"In life, we can all distort our perception of things in order to make ourselves more comfortable, in order to make ourselves accept where we are. And there’s a lot of people out there that are running around in life full of shit. You can’t be full of shit when you do jiu jitsu. When you do jiu jitsu, its impossible to be full of shit because reality comes at you in the purest form possible: A life or death struggle, using your determination, your focus, your techniques, your mind, and your training, over and over and over again."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    In Nov 2013 you were 21 (correct?)
    You were born in 1992 (correct?)
    You got sick in Feb 2011 (correct?)
    So you were 18/19 in 2011 (correct?)

Considering one can't even be ranked a blue belt until they are 16 years old, You would have had to gone from Blue (at 16) to Not just Black, but 2nd degree black in 3 years.
    Considering that a Black Belt is usually only rewarded a stripe after being a black belt for 3 years you would have had to immediately gotten your black belt at 16. And in this country ANY 16 year old Black Belt from ANYWHERE would be plastered all over the web.

I'm not sure if you are full of shit or if you are being tricked by somebody around you but either way, do what Brandon recommended. Put that black belt up for a decade or so and grab a white belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    So maybe you were just confused, with your disability and all. Maybe your rank is in something other than gjj, bjj, or 10pjj. Thats cool, then u just compete as a white belt and change your belt here to white. Competitions dont care about rank in kempo or krav or any stuff simialr to that, you won't be sandbagging.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post

Considering one can't even be ranked a blue belt until they are 16 years old, You would have had to gone from Blue (at 16) to Not just Black, but 2nd degree black in 3 years.
    Considering that a Black Belt is usually only rewarded a stripe after being a black belt for 3 years you would have had to immediately gotten your black belt at 16. And in this country ANY 16 year old Black Belt from ANYWHERE would be plastered all over the web.

I'm not sure if you are full of shit or if you are being tricked by somebody around you but either way, do what Brandon recommended. Put that black belt up for a decade or so and grab a white belt.
    Im pretty sure can't even get your black from traditional schools until your 18 I believe. Don't quote me though

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I suggest you make Jiu Jitsu technique vids, post them on YouTube, then post the links here. We will have no problem being honest with you. Post comp videos too
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    sounds like a bad case of bullshititus.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I vote a "Rubberguard escape" tutorial.. Those are always funny to me.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post

This is what got me at first too...Sounds like homeboy needs to visit the closest Moon and roll a couple rounds.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Just seen this, certainly was a fun read!

Brandon summed it all up on page 1, throw that white belt on, find a good school and start from scratch. If you really are brown belt level, your new instructor will see this in your rolls, whites don't tap purples too often.
    I'm pretty sure it was Joe Rogan I heard say Diego Sanchez was a black belt, who then moved to train at another gym and started from white.

Whether or not this was a troll, bullshit attempt or if you are genuinely confused due to your illness, I wish you all the best in your journey dude.

Array

School
    10th Planet (Ronin)
    @mjhersch
    My heart truly goes out to you if it is true that you suffered such a horrible malady.
    But the thing that confuses me is this:
    Your long-term memory loss - from your initial description and subsequent follow-up postings - is selective only to Jiu-jitsu?
    You are still a college student and you have not forgotten all the schooling that lead you to this point.
    You mentioned that you want to train like you used to - yet you said you don't remember any of your training and other details,
    I'm sincerely sorry if I am wrong here, but if you have long term memory loss it would not be so selective.
    I know much that is written on the web can be misinterpreted and the intended meaning does not always come across clearly.
    But there is so much of your tale that does not equate.
    Put on the white belt, pay for a few privates with a Black Belt BJJ instructor and have him honestly assess you.
    Or just put on the white belt, join a school and enjoy the journey.
    I really think it is poor form to list yourself as a Brown belt here though.
    I have seen people in the past that have played one school off another to elevate their rank. It never ends well.
    Example: They list as a brown with 10th Planet, then go into another school and try and get them to accept them as a brown on their word alone, then go to yet another school as a brown and then use the previous as a reference. In not time flat the person goes from white to brown like magic.
    But! God help that person should they actually have to spar or fight even a good blue belt. I guess if they do, they can explain their poor performance because they are coming off a horrible sickness - right?
    I really, really hope I am wrong, I really do.
    In any cad, all the best.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast