Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Thanks to Sean Applegate for this info.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    If yalls don't know about the Gracie conspiracy, better get to reading.

Array

School
    blank
    this dickhole is belted through Fadda's lineage

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Wow, thanks for sharing.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Yeah dude, Fadda is my hero. Taught BJJ to the poor heads AND beat the Gracies mostly by leg locks. I've always believed this to be the reason why traditional BJJ is so anti leg locks. Instead of seeing a hole they needed to close, they just labeled them cheap moves. I like the Fadda story.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Yeah dude, Fadda is my hero. Taught BJJ to the poor heads AND beat the Gracies mostly by leg locks. I've always believed this to be the reason why traditional BJJ is so anti leg locks. Instead of seeing a hole they needed to close, they just labeled them cheap moves. I like the Fadda story.
    It seems the sport BJJ world has mostly come around. Am I wrong? Maybe it just took a few decades? Trying to understand this new world I find myself in.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    It seems the sport BJJ world has mostly come around. Am I wrong? Maybe it just took a few decades? Trying to understand this new world I find myself in.
    Nah, they're still anti reaping (which is a basic part of leg locks). Imagine if Sambo told you you couldn't use both legs when arm barring. Imagine you could only use judo armbars. Sure some guys use heel hooks when they're allowed, but in general, BJJ is still pretty shy about leg locks, and not great at teaching them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I can't remember for the life of me who I was talking with about this, but I distinctly remember them saying " If you're in the Gi, the combination of pants, sleeve, reaping, and great technique almost makes it impossible to escape a heel hook due to all the friction." How true this is, I don't know, but if that's the case its easy to understand why they wouldn't allow it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I can't remember for the life of me who I was talking with about this, but I distinctly remember them
    saying " If you're in the Gi, the combination of pants, sleeve, reaping, and great technique almost makes it impossible to escape a heel hook due to all the friction." How true this is, I don't know, but if that's the case its easy to understand why they wouldn't allow it.
    Easy to understand why all of Fadda's students ethered the Gracies with leg locks. But I mean, if that's the case, wouldn't it make even more sense to train them? It's pretty much check mate. And can't the same be said about armbars? With the sleeves and friction, wouldn't those also be hard to escape? IDK man, seems like a cop out on their end. Bring back reaping and heel hooks. At least at brown and up.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast