Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    How is your wrastlin'? I'm a ground and pound guy muhself. If you've done kickboxing for 7 years, I'd rely on the striking. It looks like the guy in the green shorts did OK when he was on top, but as you've seen DON'T let this shit go to the judges!! stay away from his clinch and knock that ass OUT!
    I did wrestling back in elementary school, haha. But my wrastlin' ain't so good. but I do have a state champion coach who teaches at my old high school and also runs a grappling club I was in. Maybe he'll work with me a little on it. The guy I'm facing is a white belt in Jiu Jitsu. Not very good, as you can tell by his arms being up in the air while he was mounted. I'd say I have this guy big time in striking and in Jiu Jitsu. But my Jiu Jitsu is best off my back.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Chavez View Post
    What do your trainers say ?
    I'm not training with anybody at the moment, cause the last guy I worked with is a fucking moron.
    The guy I would be training with is coaching the opponent of my team mate lmao, so I'm not working with him haha.
    I'll probably work my wrestling with my high school wrestling coach who is legit as shit, he also does Sambo, and Army Combatives.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Where and when is the fight?
    It is in Bennington VT on January 22 I believe, I'm not 100 on the date though.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    I'm not training with anybody at the moment, cause the last guy I worked with is a fucking moron.
    The guy I would be training with is coaching the opponent of my team mate lmao, so I'm not working with him haha.
    I'll probably work my wrestling with my high school wrestling coach who is legit as shit, he also does Sambo, and Army Combatives.
    nice, i couldnt think of a better alternative. if im ever unconfident about something in my game, i always drill the shit out of it until i am confident about it. confidence wins you battles after all.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by FiErCe_oNi View Post
    i saw theres no better way to train then by getting ready to beat him at his own game... work wrestling as much as you can.
    No disrespect but this is about the worst advice humanly possible. This guys been wrestling his whole life so spend the next 6 weeks trying to get good enough to beat him at that? Yikes...
    I say stay out of the pocket circle away behind the jab when he tries to close the gap, if he really tries to step in with punches light up his front leg. When he starts to get flustered by the strikes throw a fake jab and shoot underneath, get on top and try to be technical. Make sure you know where your posts are as he'll prolly be trying to buck and roll you. get your mount and finish with strikes.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roofliss View Post
    No disrespect but this is about the worst advice humanly possible. This guys been wrestling his whole life so spend the next 6 weeks trying to get good enough to beat him at that? Yikes...
    I say stay out of the pocket circle away behind the jab when he tries to close the gap, if he really tries to step in with punches light up his front leg. When he starts to get flustered by the strikes throw a fake jab and shoot underneath, get on top and try to be technical. Make sure you know where your posts are as he'll prolly be trying to buck and roll you. get your mount and finish with strikes.
    I don't think he has been wrestling his whole life. I'm pretty sure he hasn't wrestled at all. As far as I know his grappling credentials are equal to 0, but thanks for the advice man.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Roofliss View Post
    sorry, i wasnt aware that his opponent has been wrestling his whole life..

Array

School
    Rōnin
    take down round one just focus on holding him down rounds 2 and 3 circle away from him and light him up because i notice he just runs into the clinch with his hands down when he's tired.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    or pull guard and sweep if you can?

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    I'm thinking my rubber guard game will work really well against this guy, his jits is terrible.
    And his striking isn't in very good shape

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast