Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Anywhere.

got my first MMA fight lined up, need a game plan.

So guys, I have my first MMA fight lined up, I'm fighting the guy in the white/black sprawl shorts in this vid. I want to see if you guys can give me some tips on how I should attack this guy. So far from what I can tell, this guy loves to clinch a lot. And my clinch isn't the greatest. So I'm thinking I might pull guard if the guy gets me in a clinch. Striking wise, I outclass this guy cause I've been doing kickboxing for 7 years and I have mad combos. But, everybody stands a punchers chance. So what do you think guys?

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    strike!

dont pull guard unless your supremely confident in your grappling

fuck it stand up and bang!

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    strike!

dont pull guard unless your supremely confident in your grappling

fuck it stand up and bang!
    You think so? I'm confident I can put this guy to sleep. But what should I do if I get clinched, my clinch defense and offense isn't anything special.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Where and when is the fight?

Best advice. . . Don't get hit

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    If you are worried about his clinch, then start drilling clinch escapes....
    But, if you are confident in your ground game, then start drilling clinch take downs.

Looks like this guy likes to throw a lot of knees from the clinch... Just grab one and
    take him down.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Run around and scream like a little girl and when everyone is confused, kick him in the balls. He'll get his five minutes to regroup and you'll get a warning. When they start the fight again start screaming again and acting like before, but this time, rush him and take him down and beat his ass before he realizes that he got played.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    What do your trainers say ?

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    You think so? I'm confident I can put this guy to sleep. But what should I do if I get clinched, my clinch defense and offense isn't anything special.
    How is your wrastlin'? I'm a ground and pound guy muhself. If you've done kickboxing for 7 years, I'd rely on the striking. It looks like the guy in the green shorts did OK when he was on top, but as you've seen DON'T let this shit go to the judges!! stay away from his clinch and knock that ass OUT!

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    i saw theres no better way to train then by getting ready to beat him at his own game... work wrestling as much as you can. he looks like the sort of guy that is always moving forward so take advantage of that. work on your takedowns except make them technical, dont drop your posture because this guy knows how to utilize the front headlock pretty well. he doesnt look too dangerous on bottom so i say shoot a good takedown, get on top, try to mount. work on your guard passes to.
    get good at the double underhook position and how to enter it from the clinch. he seems to be giving that opportunity away in his fight. in fact, the way the black shorts guy tried to finish is exactly what id recommend. i dunno how he lost. get to mount and as soon as he puts his arms up like that, go for the armbar. except you should be able to finish it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast