Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    New Zealand is taking its sweet time to see that tpjj is where it's at! Shout out to John for opening up the first 10th planet moon in New Zealand. I am looking forward to training with him at some point.

If anyone is ever down south, hit me up.

Awesome to hear you got there Shin, love the game and just remember that haters hate us cos they aint us!

Yap agreed one day 10th planet system will come main stream and it can be practiced in your bjj gym.

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by shin80 View Post
    Thank you for your comment. Yes I finally found some place where I can freely drill 10th planet style. Where in my gym when I drill some rubber guard or electric chair to vaporizer people give me a bad look. Like I shouldn't practice this in our gym.So I kinda have to hide and do what I want to practice. I think it's what all 10th planet people have to go through. Hopefully it will get better Some day
    No worries. I would bet that the folks in your gym probably see a white belt working on some more advanced stuff and think you should be drilling basics. They could be hating on 10thplanet but I'd bet they just want to see you working fundamentals. I'm sure Eddie practiced his hip escape a million times before he even thought of the rubber guard. Solid basics allow you to play with more advanced stuff. Enjoy the process and most importantly have fun!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenMatRadio View Post
    No worries. I would bet that the folks in your gym probably see a white belt working on some more advanced stuff and think you should be drilling basics. They could be hating on 10thplanet but I'd bet they just want to see you working fundamentals. I'm sure Eddie practiced his hip escape a million times before he even thought of the rubber guard. Solid basics allow you to play with more advanced stuff. Enjoy the process and most importantly have fun!
    I totally agree with you and I also told Shin that he needed to focus on his basics first. That being said let me tell you a story about New Zealand because I think you are missing the point that Shin was trying to make

New Zealand is probably 10-15 years behind the US when it comes to a lot of things, jiu jitsu included. Many moons ago I started to play with the rubber guard at my old club and was being successful with it to the point that the instructor and gym owner had to give me a lecture about not using this "Eddie Bravo bullshit" and that any of the 10th planet techniques wasn't welcome at their club.
    I've also been nicely told to feel free going to somewhere else in order to pursue it if my heart felt like it. Couple of months after I booked my tickets to go to L.A to train with Eddie and ended up staying 3 months there lol

The nogi/ 10th planet/ Eddie's hate was strong back then and unfortunately is still palpable in some gyms to this day. I won't even mention names of some well known black belts talking mad about Eddie and the system during their seminars. They all somehow figured a long time ago how to crush all the techniques that pothead nonsense... as well as focusing on only a few aspects of it instead of looking at the system as a whole.

Today it isn't as bad as it used to be but you'd be a fool to think that everybody is embracing it! The Jiu Jitsu community in NZ has a pretty big percentage of Brazilian instructors and dudes coming from black belts that don't regard the system as valuable.

NZ is also Gi country, I've been teaching no gi for roughly 4 years now. To my knowledge I'm still the only one in the country exclusively teaching it. In those more "traditional" schools you might see a bit more reticence towards the system.

PS: I just woke up so I apologize for just touching on the subject. I think that's what Shin and Isaac were trying to let you know about the state of jiu jitsu here.
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Ya John Thank you for all your positive feed back.

I will keep that in mind.

My progress is slow in terms of jiu jitsu.

Just got my 3rd stripes yesterday.

One step closer to blue belt and one step closer to shake bait which will be like 20min of chain rolling.

This scared me having witness how brutal it was.

thank all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123