Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UFC AND FOX fire my boy Chael P.

So the UFC and FOX both let him go. I can def see where the UFC is coming from but FOX too. Thats harsh...do they think the banned substances are going to give him and unfair advantage while analyzing...

http://www.bjpenn.com/ufc-and-fox-re...sting-failure/

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    He was taking HGH and EPO, too? Dude was jacked to the gills on PEDs.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    He was taking HGH and EPO, too? Dude was jacked to the gills on PEDs.
    I hope it doesn't affect metamoris...

Array

School
    Gb Knox/Kmaa
    I think it's an integrity issue or at least supposed to appear like one. No matter your personal feelings, and the "everyone's doing it mentality" this information shows without a doubt that Sonnen was cheating. Sure he gives good sound bites, but I suppose fox is trying to keep the thin line that remains keeping the UFC sport and not fully sports entertainment.

In my opinion Sonnen would have served himself better to show his integrity and retired when the trt era ended, it's a shame, he seems like a cool guy, it's just that he was always firmly on the sports entertainment side of that argument, and though I believe we we "sport" types are clearly losing that war... I am happy with any small victory we get.

Mikael Chay

Call me cynical but I see it more as a PR move.
    If you really want to send a strong message about PED abuse, you don't wait until the 2nd test results are out with more banned substances and there's a media outcry. You act when the 1st surprise test results come to light and Sonnen becomes a repeat offender (1st "UFC offense" after his 1st match against Anderson Silva).

As for Sonnen and Metamoris, I wouldn't put too much hope on it.
    Don't get me wrong, that match would still be super entertaining (not sure it'd be very competitive though) but I don't see how Metamoris can keep him on their card and not damage their image as a legit jiu-jitsu organisation, especially after the UFC/FOX move.
    Last edited by Mikael Chay; 07-20-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Mikael Chay

Agreed. From the Metamoris organisation's viewpoint (or FOX's for that matter), the problem in keeping Sonnen on the card is not so much that he's on PEDs (he "probably" wouldn't be the 1st guy on a Metamoris card), but that all the potential viewers know it for sure now and that at this point, there's no spinning out of it anymore.
    Last edited by Mikael Chay; 07-01-2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: My lawyer advised me to add "probably" for legal accountability purposes ;-)

Array

School
    Gb Knox/Kmaa
    It's certinally a pr move, but I can not imagine Metamoris wanting to be the "Face of jiu jitsu on PEDs". Can't get a UFC contract due to those pesky roids? Come fight for us M4!

I'm thinking... No.
    I'd still like to see the fight, Sonnen is an interesting fighter, and Galvao is an all time great...
    But it seems unlikely. Certinally if they do keep it on the card they want to adopt a don't ask don't tell policy. Pro Pdes would be a nightmare pr wise.

Array

School
    Full Contact Performance
    I really hope it doesn't affect Metamoris!

It is definitely a PR move by Fox. Don't really know who it satisfies because I for one don't care. The guy is doing everything he can to successfully have a child and build a family so fair play to him.

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK

Mikael Chay

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hughes View Post
    Wow, guess I was dead wrong in thinking replacing Chael was their only choice after the most recent events.
    Really did not see this one coming. smh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast