Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Pick a couple subs you are comfortable with and rep them hard. Rep rep rep.
    When I went in my first tournament I repped the rolling anaconda as many times as I could, and sure enough I won my first match with that very same sub.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Remember to always get your guard back (If you get them back in some sort of guard before 3 seconds they don't get any points usually, just an ADV), and when you pass to make sure you own the posish before you move on to the next thing. It's as stupid as counting to 3, every time you advance position. But it'll come in handy just in case you can't sub the guy. That same strategy will probably be applied on you.

Play to your strengths and if you get caught in unfamiliar territory, get back to where you're comfortable as quickly as possible.

Have FUN!!! That's something we all lose sight of at some point in time, Competing is a challenge but it also should be fun, especially if you paid for the comp out of your own pocket. When you start having money given to you to compete or pay entry fees it becomes a little more like a job, but you should always remember to have fun!

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Remember to always get your guard back (If you get them back in some sort of guard before 3 seconds they don't get any points usually, just an ADV), and when you pass to make sure you own the posish before you move on to the next thing. It's as stupid as counting to 3, every time you advance position. But it'll come in handy just in case you can't sub the guy. That same strategy will probably be applied on you.

Play to your strengths and if you get caught in unfamiliar territory, get back to where you're comfortable as quickly as possible.

Have FUN!!! That's something we all lose sight of at some point in time, Competing is a challenge but it also should be fun, especially if you paid for the comp out of your own pocket. When you start having money given to you to compete or pay entry fees it becomes a little more like a job, but you should always remember to have fun!
    this is great advice! Know the rules and just do it and experience it no matter how nervous you get. Slowly it gets easier. Try to remember breath and drill escapes. Opponent might just try to hold you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12