Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Metamoris 4: Countdown (Keenan Cornelius vs. Vinny Magalhaes)

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Keenan is turning into a bit of a comedian lol.

I was pumped for this last time, this time I can't wait.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Awesome.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I love Vinny, but I don't think he has enough recent high level comp to keep him sharp enough to deal with Keenan.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I love Vinny, but I don't think he has enough recent high level comp to keep him sharp enough to deal with Keenan.
    I agree. I think it will draw. Vinny is amazing, and anyone can win, but my gut is that Keenan is just competing so often at such a high level (double bronze at ADCC, gold at NoGi Worlds, lots of no-gi superfight and special tournament wins), and has literally a large amount of the best no-gi guys in the world as his training partners.

- Andre Galvao - ADCC 2013 superfight champion, ADCC 2011 double gold (weight and absolute), ADCC 2009 silver, ADCC 2007 double bronze
    - Rafa Mendes - 2x ADCC gold (2009 and 2011) and silver (2013)
    - JT Torres - Just won gold at the NoGi Worlds and bronze at ADCC 2013)

I think Vinny can beat anyone in the world on any given day. Pound for pound he can finish anyone out there. I think it will be an awesome match. The difference to me in this match is training partners, and I just think Keenan is competing more often, and has 3 super ninja level training partners that he can prep with.

A draw is what I'd bet money on.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I agree... i think its gonna be all Keenan, it will go to a draw. I see the match going like keenan and lister from adcc

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Keenan doesn't take himself too seriously. Refreshing.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    I think Vinny is a beast and keenan is one of my favorites right now. I still give it to vinny, he's just so good, technical and STRONG AS FUCK!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I'd love to be wrong George. I've been a big fan of Vinny for years. But from an objective standpoint, I think Keenan has the edge just because of the fact that his focus has been 100% high level BJJ comp where Vinny has been dividing his time with MMA and teaching. If it was ADCC Vinny, I'd give it to Vinny. We'll see how it ends up. I'm predicting a draw, but with Keenan being the most active. I'll be hoping for Vinny by banana

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    I'd love to be wrong George. I've been a big fan of Vinny for years. But from an objective standpoint, I think Keenan has the edge just because of the fact that his focus has been 100% high level BJJ comp where Vinny has been dividing his time with MMA and teaching. If it was ADCC Vinny, I'd give it to Vinny. We'll see how it ends up. I'm predicting a draw, but with Keenan being the most active. I'll be hoping for Vinny by banana

Wait which ADCC?
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast