New vid up this week: Wacky single leg counters

So I noticed a lot of beginners, when they try to finish the single leg - they try to pull the leg up as high as possible and get both arms under it. I think this video does a pretty good job of showing why you shouldn't do that.

Let me know what you think. I'll be putting up a "How to bring the single up the right way" video soon, but here's an older one we taped at a seminar I did at the Ft. Lauderdale 10th Planet Hotbox

http://youtu.be/3eCHDhNeQVo

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    +1 for Gene, one of many fun ways to get out of a single. I could never figure why guys would get double under hooks with single, for little control.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    +1 for Gene, one of many fun ways to get out of a single. I could never figure why guys would get double under hooks with single, for little control.
    Thanks Scott. I was kinda hoping this video would help guys remember not to do that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I stopped finishing that way back in middle school. I remember to a camp and Mike Lightner from OK would let me get the double under hooks just so he could escape. For myself I like the kick in the face escape from low singles.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Guessing the some of those beginners are getting it from seeing wrestlers in the UFC use it, then use it themselves on guys that dont know a lot of single leg defensive techniques... Would explain why the UFC guys usually use it when the defenders back is against the cage in which the 3rd escape could still work. Nice vid