School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Wow, Thanks for doing this man.

you are awesome Ben!!
    Thanks for doing this research.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Adding this vid to the list. Please help add if anyone sees anything else not on there or has their own tricks they can tape.

https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    God damn that was sick

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    "Something I hadn't noticed or been taught before, Eddie keeps his right foot up in the opponent's arm pit and holds his foot with his free left hand while forcing kung fu/gogo. This vid shows it well. This looks like it keeps his free arm locked in well and keeps him from stuffing your leg to work to pass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9GOMIOWeZc"

Check out MTS 36, Ben!! Starts early at :47. The Meatbag!!

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    What about "rubber guard" from side control, anyone else playing with/having some success with it?
    Last edited by gene k; 08-06-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by gene k View Post
    What about "rubber guard" from side control, anyone else playing with/having some success with it?
    I've heard somebody is haing success with it from bottom side control but haven't seen it yet.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    I don't know if it's truly a good position or not but I have been playing with it a lot. I like how it makes the guy on top uncomfortable and takes very little energy to apply. There may be a little choke from it too, but needs more testing.

You probably remember seeing this vid a few years back. If marcelo was flat with hips down the choke would be around 0:17-0:22. As soon as you lock it up, press into opponents neck and keep his head away, at that point he won't be able to stack, and keep your other arm free to block opponents hand from pressing down on your face and trying to step over. Press your free elbow into opponents hip for more pressure and so he can't step over.

Last edited by gene k; 08-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Eddie touches on it briefly

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Elliott View Post
    "Something I hadn't noticed or been taught before, Eddie keeps his right foot up in the opponent's arm pit and holds his foot with his free left hand while forcing kung fu/gogo. This vid shows it well. This looks like it keeps his free arm locked in well and keeps him from stuffing your leg to work to pass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9GOMIOWeZc"

Check out MTS 36, Ben!! Starts early at :47. The Meatbag!!
    Ah I had missed that. I haven't gone through a lot of the earlier MTS vids, thanks Scott!

I don't know if it's truly a good position or not but I have been playing with it a lot. I like how it makes the guy on top uncomfortable and takes very little energy to apply. There may be a little choke from it too, but needs more testing.

You probably remember seeing this vid a few years back. If marcelo was flat with hips down the choke would be around 0:17-0:22. As soon as you lock it up, press into opponents neck and keep his head away, at that point he won't be able to stack, and keep your other arm free to block opponents hand from pressing down on your face and trying to step over. Press your free elbow into opponents hip for more pressure and so he can't step over.
    Woah, I've never seen that vid, added it to OP. Did it get passed around cause this vid has 10 views?

This is really interesting. I've never seen Marcelo tap in one of his MGinaction vids.

Kevin Berbich has some great chokes from forcing the head inbetween the legs, it's not with the rubber guard leg entry but I imagine you can work your arm around the neck for a similar choke.
    http://instagram.com/p/p9XJfmQFHc/?modal=true

Eddie touches on it briefly
    Never heard Eddie talk about this. Lets build on this, I like it.
    Last edited by Ben Eddy; 08-07-2014 at 12:50 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast