Coming to train at HQ from Europe

hi guys !

The name's Andy. Sorry to spam the general forum with this, I just didn't know who else to ask. I'm a 10thp follower since the beginning of my bjj career more than 5 years ago. Now, finally my fate will lead me to LA to experience the style in person and really delve into the intricacies of the system.

I will be living near Gokor's gym, and also training there, and I would like to ask you guys if driving a bus/train/metro or any other type of public transport from there to 10th HQ is a good idea or not ? Google maps shows about an hours drive which is perfectly ok for me for 5 times a week...is that a correct ballpark figure ? And besides that is there anything else in general I should know about, regarding commute in LA ?

kindest regards, and see you soon (hopefully)

Andy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by velebrzB View Post
    hi guys !

The name's Andy. Sorry to spam the general forum with this, I just didn't know who else to ask. I'm a 10thp follower since the beginning of my bjj career more than 5 years ago. Now, finally my fate will lead me to LA to experience the style in person and really delve into the intricacies of the system.

I will be living near Gokor's gym, and also training there, and I would like to ask you guys if driving a bus/train/metro or any other type of public transport from there to 10th HQ is a good idea or not ? Google maps shows about an hours drive which is perfectly ok for me for 5 times a week...is that a correct ballpark figure ? And besides that is there anything else in general I should know about, regarding commute in LA ?

kindest regards, and see you soon (hopefully)

Andy.
    Hi Andy,
    Can't wait to meet you. I'll see you at HQ.
    An hours drive from Gokor to 10p HQ sounds about right. With the crazy rush hour that happens about 1pm every day into the night, it could even be longer at times. Classes start at 830pm MWTR, and 11:30 Tues/thurs, if you are looking to do the advanced 10p techniques. You shouldn't have a problem if you leave at 7pm from north hollywood.
    Anyhow, I'll see you at Gokor's as well. I go fairly often to work with the guys, but 10P HQ is home base. I'm usually at Eddie's 11:30 classes.

I don't know to much about public transportation in LA. It would seem like a hassle.
    Hope this helps some.
    If I can be of anymore assistance, inbox me and I can give you my email/phone number.
    Regards,
    Rick

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Slick rick nailed it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

@Rick :

thank you so much for the informative answer, you're the best. You answered pretty much everything I wanted to ask. Ill send you the pm

@Eddie :

please check your email/spam under my email. I sent you some critical intel !