Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round

Few questions for Eddie about his book! :)

1. I was quoting something you said in your book. You pointed out that submissions (in MMA) are on the decline. (I watch entirely too much MMA and came to a similar conclusion.) But I was wondering if you could point me to a source with hard statistics to show this decline? It would be helpful when I make this point.

2. When are you going to write more books?! I really enjoyed "Jiu Jitsu Unleashed". My 8 year old daughter breezed through it and wanted to read more as well. I was hoping there was a book that broke down all of the BJJ done with no-gi including the basics for people starting out. My family and I will be starting 10th Planet JJ at Final Round in Ann Arbor Michigan this week but we like to have books for reference.

3. Have you ever considered taking your approach for No-Gi and perhaps writing on the topic of using 10th Planet JJ in wrestling competition? It would be another place to showcase your work. I looked at a lot of the stuff in your book and wondered how it might be applicable. And found myself wanting to pick your brain on possibilities for pins that might come out of your head using your system as a foundation. (Not to mention escapes from pins.)

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    One more thing I forgot, are there any MMA fighters I can watch who are students of yours? I think you mention one in your book and I can look for that I was curious if there have been more since then.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kiernan View Post
    1. I was quoting something you said in your book. You pointed out that submissions (in MMA) are on the decline. (I watch entirely too much MMA and came to a similar conclusion.) But I was wondering if you could point me to a source with hard statistics to show this decline? It would be helpful when I make this point.

2. When are you going to write more books?! I really enjoyed "Jiu Jitsu Unleashed". My 8 year old daughter breezed through it and wanted to read more as well. I was hoping there was a book that broke down all of the BJJ done with no-gi including the basics for people starting out. My family and I will be starting 10th Planet JJ at Final Round in Ann Arbor Michigan this week but we like to have books for reference.

3. Have you ever considered taking your approach for No-Gi and perhaps writing on the topic of using 10th Planet JJ in wrestling competition? It would be another place to showcase your work. I looked at a lot of the stuff in your book and wondered how it might be applicable. And found myself wanting to pick your brain on possibilities for pins that might come out of your head using your system as a foundation. (Not to mention escapes from pins.)
    1. No stats, I just go by what I observe
    2. I didn't put much of the basics in my books because there was no room and because basics don't sell. The 10p warm up curriculum contains the nogi basics you are looking for.
    3. My wrestling sucks, if I wrote a book on it I would get slaughtered
    4. Watch Richie Martinez, Alan Jouban, Tony Ferguson, Kelvin Gastelum, Adam Fritz, Walel Watson
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie