Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I'm with you Barnett/Lister is the most intriguing match on the card by far. Keenan/Vinny will be another that has me interested.
    Same... I really don't care about Galvao/Sonnen but I do think NSAC has no business butting in here.

Mikael Chay

IMO Galvao/Sonnen is by far the least competitive match on the card. It definitively won't ruin the card for me if it's cancelled (unless Kevin Casey saves the day again... Oh wait! ).
    I'd watch it as it has the potential to be entertaining but Lister/Barnett is just as intriguing from a style match-up point of view and certainly more competitive.

As for the NSAC, if the Metamoris organisation and Chael's opponent have no problem with him competing, why should they?
    Heck, the event is not even held in Nevada...

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    So the Nevada State Athletic Commission is attempting to flex some muscle and make an example out of the Gangster from West Linn. Source:
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/nsac-mo...ds-metamoris-4

In my opinion, the cancellation of the headliner doesn't affect my excitement level for the event very much. I feel that Sonnen represents absolutely no threat of submission to Galvao in a pure grappling match, and that the best possible outcome for Chael would be to hold on in full guard and avoid being submitted. In my opinion, the real main event and most exciting matchup is Barnett vs. Lister. However, I fully recognize my own lack of subjectivity as I'm friends with and have trained extensively with both men. What do you guys think? Am I just being nepotistic or is Barnett-Lister the real main event?
    I think kennan vs vinny will be the best match. also i think vinny wins.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Haters gonna hate, but I'm looking forward to chael fighting galvao. do I expect him to win? nope. Would I love it if he did or even brought a competitive game? hell yes. and a side note, am I pissed off that it took until now for chael to take jiu jitsu seriously? yeah quite a bit.

One thing i havnt heard mentioned yet is the fact that if a bjj guys comes out and destroys a superb wrestler who i think has a decent size advantage on him, then that is great for bjj in general. Im sick of the old wrestler vs jiu jitsu fighter, where with minimal submission skill, the wrestler lays and prays on him. Either chael comes from behind and does something super crazy and unexpected, or we see a jiu jitsu legend destroy an mma legend and gives us some power behind arguments that jiu jitsu is still a crazy powerful martial art. I cant see galvao being held down and so i doubt that even as a draw that the match will be boring.

dean lister vs barnett will be amazing. draw or win on either side would be wicked.

but what about kit dale vs tonon? Im super excited to see this fight. Two under appreciated killers going at it. Kit should be in all metamoris shows even if its just the press conferences.

metamoris is just fantastic at bringing fights that we all want.

I expect marcelo vs anyone isnt happening atm because he is spending more time with family and half retired?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Sounds like the match is gonna happen! ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    am I pissed off that it took until now for chael to take jiu jitsu seriously? yeah quite a bit.
    I know that Chael talked a lot of shit about BJJ but i don't know if he never took it seriously as he talked a lot of crap about lots of things. Not cause he hated them/had no respect but to more so raise controversy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12