Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona

About to be homeless in Denver

Greetings fellow warriors,

To make a long story short, my mother and myself were both offered work in Denver. We were supposed to pay for our rooms (VERY pricey) for 2 nights and "spy" on the current manager to list what he does wrong so they can fire him. The owners of the hotel assured us that we could leave our weekly rented room and possible work in Thornton, and come to their hotel, as our jobs were "100% in the bag" ; to quote them. So, we spent our last few hundred bucks for 2 nights, assuming we had the jobs they promised.
    Upon arrival, they changed their tune, and told us that MAYBE we could have work in a few weeks. I tried to explain our situation however they claim they never promised anything.
    They told us they will pay for one night at a Motel 6 and call us if anything changes.

After tonight, we will be homeless in a strange city with no money and nobody to turn to.
    As I write this, I cringe at how I have let this happen. All I want is for my mother to be comfortable and not have to worry about sleeping on the street in the upcoming Colorado winter. Just typing that makes my eyes fill with tears.
    We are both honest, hard working people and have never been in a situation like this.

After spending the day walking 15+ miles looking, searching/posting on craigslist, and asking every person I saw for any work around me, I don't know what to do.

I'm not asking for charity, but an opportunity to work or live somewhere we can contribute.
    We are both experienced in house renovating (painting and repairs of all kinds), my mother is an awesome housekeeper and childsitter, I have experience in IT (A+ and N+) and I also did concrete (prep, forming, pouring, and finishing).
    If anybody has a room to rent out, or in exchange for ANY work we can do, we would be eternally grateful.
    We don't smoke, don't drink, and are quiet and respectful.

The fact that I am posting here should speak volumes about how desperate this has become.
    We do not have a phone as it was stolen, and after tomorrow we won't have the motel's wifi either, so I'm hoping for a miracle I guess.

Thanks for reading,
    Calan
    ownhousecj@gmail.com is my email for anyone interested.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    I know this may seem a bit non-traditional but I would definitely look to see if you can find anything quick in the new recreational mmj business. I have been hearing they cannot hire people fast enough to fill all the positions they need all over the state. You may need some sort of paperwork to do it, im not positive but its worth checking out at this point

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by stan myaskovskiy View Post
    I know this may seem a bit non-traditional but I would definitely look to see if you can find anything quick in the new recreational mmj business. I have been hearing they cannot hire people fast enough to fill all the positions they need all over the state. You may need some sort of paperwork to do it, im not positive but its worth checking out at this point
    I have asked 4 dispensaries, however they all require a rec. One even said they would love someone with my accent to work there, however they need me to have a rec which I can't afford atm.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    What is a rec?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Praying in Jesus name for a miracle for you and your mom.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elliott View Post
    What is a rec?
    Recommendation for medical cannibus
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life
    Know Jiu Jitsu, Know Life

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    i wouldnt be trying the medical scene, rather the recreational one

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Calan, if you look back in here and go "what have I done" like most people would, don't. Reaching out to your network is the right thing to do. No judgement from me, all those people who are completely safe and organised bore me. They don't know anything interesting. You are learning some interesting shit. More empires have been launched from where you are right now than from suburban couches. Ghengis Kahn overwintered with his mother in Mongolia, then launched the largest empire the world has ever known.

Turns out my network extends to Denver. I can't offer much, but if I can I will help. tjgelliott@gmail.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    http://denver_co.suntopia.org/homeless_shelters.php
    Here are a bunch of shelters in Denver.
    There are also tons of job listings on craigslist at the moment in Denver and surrounding areas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast