Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Americans have so much advertising conditioning their attention spans are like goldfish. In the UK people will pack a venue to watch pool in silence.

I feel run away might be a little strong. Fawning whitebelt I surely am, but I am one of those martial arts converts from another sport, and I have my own training history. I did the dirtiest smelliest hardest manual competitive labouring jobs around at the same time, and I still do and set shift tonnage records comfortably, throwing sheep skins in a Russian chop 6 days a week.

You have likely never clinched with someone with this unique history in America, because as far as I know, the fastest Mexican rower on record was named Patrick.

I just have to hold off till I start sweating and when the smell of rendered animal parts starts coming out through my pores and you will tap for sure.
    Last edited by Tim Elliott; 08-27-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elliott View Post
    Americans have so much advertising conditioning their attention spans are like goldfish. In the UK people will pack a venue to watch pool in silence.

I feel run away might be a little strong. Fawning whitebelt I surely am, but I am one of those martial arts converts from another sport, and I have my own training history. I did the dirtiest smelliest hardest manual competitive labouring jobs around at the same time, and I still do and set shift tonnage records comfortably, throwing sheep skins in a Russian chop 6 days a week.

You have likely never clinched with someone with this unique history in America, because as far as I know, the fastest Mexican rower on record was named Patrick.

I just have to hold off till I start sweating and when the smell of rendered animal parts starts coming out through my pores and you will tap for sure.
    lol if you think I've only clinched and thrown Americans on their heads, you have homework to do. Sheep don't fight back.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 08-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    If you were a Kiwi you would properly appreciate the full combat potential of a sheep. A sheep has the best long range flying headbut around. Getting into a sheep pen as a child is like wearing the wrong jersey to an English football match.

Most rural Kiwis have been grappling with sheep their whole lives. I don't need gi training, my grip is fine.
    Last edited by Tim Elliott; 08-27-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Lol...wtf is this dude talking about?

Array

School
    Just like the Gracies never heard of Eskrima, you guys have never heard of New Zelanders. That's quite common in the US I think. People assume we are an island off Australia where everyone has huge decks.

Here is a little kiwi martial arts history for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrS7lSfqEO4
    Last edited by Tim Elliott; 08-27-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Part of your argument is about an MMA guy avoiding the BJJ skills of a BJJ guy, which would make sense if they were fighting in a cage; but not if they are doing a grappling competition. Schaub signed up to grapple against Cyborg and he basically just done the 5 D's of Dodgeball. The recent Sonnen v Galvao match is a much better example of an MMA guy against a BJJ guy. Although Sonnen is a wrestler, he hasn't wrestled competitively in a long, long time and has been training solely for MMA, just like Schaub, who has been a professional athlete for years but now focuses on MMA.

Most rural Kiwis have been grappling with sheep their whole lives. I don't need gi training, my grip is fine.
    Nice.

Americans have so much advertising conditioning their attention spans are like goldfish. In the UK people will pack a venue to watch pool* in silence.
    * Snooker.

Array

School
    Serious bunch this 10th Planet crowd.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    You lost me at "I find Geof Glover un-watchable from an entertainment point of view."

You might be on the wrong forum. Might wanna look around for some TMA forums or something.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast