Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    My situation is a little different, because our school holds dual affiliations. We are 10th Planet and we are also TroopBJJ (Sylvio Behring liniage). So I wear a Troop Rashie and 10P Spatz (Cotton tights) when I compete, which is not often enough.

I planned on hitting this Montreal tourney, but things got a little "up in the air" with our time off and holiday planning. Now I missed the window, which sucks because I am going to Ottawa this weekend for Friday but I could probably make it to Montreal for Saturday after all.
    Crap happens.

I am looking forward to getting my new 10P spatz and Shorts in the mail for future tourneys! (Already ordered!)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Yaaa I wear all 10P all day
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    Project Cauliflower ear, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Medford, ImperiumXtremeMMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    i agree!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    This... I don't have these issues, I'm 104L 'til im 6ft under

I wear 10P and register as 10P even though I now train under Daniel Gracie. Though I started 10th Planet and once I move back home I'll be back, and I told him from day one that I am 10th planet San Francisco e'reday, I'll just be living in Philly for a couple years.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser Taylor View Post
    If you train under an actual club and have never actually trained at a 10th Planet club, or under a 10P Instructor for some period of time, it seems kinda disrespectful to me.
    i'm leaning towards this idea. i think the bonds formed from training and competing with your partners is paramount (assuming you're benefiting from your training, with the exception being everyone else is on a different skill level or your personalities clash)

hypothetically, if you had a training partner at your gym and someone here on this forum (similar level and you would consider yourself to be in good standing with each) who both wanted you in their corner for support for a fight/tournament, who would you go with?

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    It would have more to support 10 p but I agree with u. The more I think about it the stupider it would be for me to wear a 10 p rash guard. Also this is my 3 rd gym that I train at. It hasn't even been a year yet, but either case, I'll just wear the tights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser Taylor View Post
    I think it would be strange and perhaps even disrespectful if you train 100% at a gym but when competing decide to rep a club you're not really even part of.

Different situation if you don't belong to any school or are not part of any club, etc, and class yourself as a Ronin but if I had a club, lets say Taylor Jiu Jitsu and one of my students decided to wear a 10th Planet rashguard and not a Taylor Jiu Jitsu one I would be disappointed. Whether you have read Eddie's books, watched Zog's videos and posted on the Nibiru, it would still be me that has taught you Jiu Jitsu

If you train under an actual club and have never actually trained at a 10th Planet club, or under a 10P Instructor for some period of time, it seems kinda disrespectful to me.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    I registered as Tristar Quebec though, I wouldn't go that far lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    I train at a Marcelo Garcia affiliate. All of the guys are 100% loyal to Marcelo. However, they know how loyal I am to 10P; I always wear my 10P rash guards and my whole game is based around 10P techniques. They even have no issue with me competing in my 10P stuff. The only things they've ever asked of me are to give credit and props to our gym and learn their game that they're teaching me. So I can be completely decked out in 10P stuff, use only 10P techniques, and flash the gang sign all I want in competition; all I have to do is say that my gym is "Underground Jiu Jitsu" when rregistering. Some comps actually ask what gym you train at and what team you're on, so I usually say I train at Underground but my team is 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu.

Probably doesn't help you too much, but I figured I'd share my experience and let you know that there are a lot of great, open minded jiu jitsu schools out there.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    What weight class do u compete in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    My situation is a little different, because our school holds dual affiliations. We are 10th Planet and we are also TroopBJJ (Sylvio Behring liniage). So I wear a Troop Rashie and 10P Spatz (Cotton tights) when I compete, which is not often enough.

I planned on hitting this Montreal tourney, but things got a little "up in the air" with our time off and holiday planning. Now I missed the window, which sucks because I am going to Ottawa this weekend for Friday but I could probably make it to Montreal for Saturday after all.
    Crap happens.

I am looking forward to getting my new 10P spatz and Shorts in the mail for future tourneys! (Already ordered!)

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Neither out of respect. But if I know the guy and get along with him IDE say Tristar , it would be a little silly to corner a guy u never met face to face over your training partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    i'm leaning towards this idea. i think the bonds formed from training and competing with your partners is paramount (assuming you're benefiting from your training, with the exception being everyone else is on a different skill level or your personalities clash)

hypothetically, if you had a training partner at your gym and someone here on this forum (similar level and you would consider yourself to be in good standing with each) who both wanted you in their corner for support for a fight/tournament, who would you go with?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast