Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    I'm at Fabio Santos' school in San Diego and am trying out as much as I can from the 10th Planet System. Definitely adds wrinkles and options I hadn't seen before. But, I'm also nowhere near a brown belt. Welcome!

Array

School
    Kraken BJJ, Colorado Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a 1-stripe brown belt at an American Top Team school. Just signed up to the site mainly for the forum and technique section (which is a bit confusing, but I'll get the hang of it). Just wanted say hello, and was wondering if anyone else from a non-10th planet is here and has incorporated the system into their game/own school's curriculum. To be honest, it was the Bravo v Royler 2 that got me interested. Started playing with the lockdown half but have felt lacking in instruction, got Eddie's 1st book, now signed up here. How does everybody else do it? Any sites/books/to recommend. (For example, I can't seem to find the half-guard sweeps on the techniques part of this site and would really want that whole sequence.) Thanks all.
    Welcome. I am the main tenth planet person at my school. I love it. Bravo v Royler 2 got me interested too, and I got mastering the twister and advanced rubber guard after. I did rg before but didn't know what to do besides gogo and omo, but the books and MTS has helped me alot. I'm waiting for a reprint for mastering the rubber guard but will probably end up getting the dvds.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    First of all, welcome! It is always an honor to have open minded grapplers contributing here. We all want the same thing, so it's cool to see people like you coming by and being willing to share your knowledge with us and hopefully expand yourself, as well.

If the lockdown is your primary interest right now, my biggest recommendation would be to spend lots of reps on the dipset. Whip up, whip down, whip up, whip down, lather, rinse, repeat. Without getting your timing and sensitivity down in that regard, all of the lockdown stuff will continue to stay just outside your grasp against good players.
    Unfortunately, prior to ATT, I was at a not-so open minded school. When I started studying moves from the lockdown and applying them a few of the sweeps, it was incredibly easy. Mind you, I'm a brown belt so that's part of it, but a lot has to do with the total LACK OF KNOWLEDGE of what is happening down there for my training partners. Thank you for the "dipset" advice. (I'll look that up, but I assume it's the crawl under and to the side in the half?) I do have problems against some of the stronger guys getting the double unders as they smash me. Although, recently I saw a framing sequence (jaws of life?) to create space. Forgive me if I'm getting the terms mixed-up. Promise I'll get them down. Too bad there's no 10th planet schools near me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    Welcome. Reps, my friend... lots of reps.
    But Kit Dale told me not to...

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Our gym is not a proper 10th Planet Moon.

But, from the very first day of opening, we have infused the curriculum with 10th Planet moves. Same goes for the university club we ran before opening a real gym.

You definitely won't regret the decision to study 10th Planet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12