Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham

Mission Control help

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, cant really tell due to all the rubber guard posts. Anyways, recently I've gotten stuck in mission control and my opponent is C-cupping my armpits and keeping his elbows tight to his body, stopping me from securing new york and attacking. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, what are your solutions?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Work your night of the living dead and exhumer at that point or go to weak side crackhead, with your free hand try to push off the mat to knock them over (if your pushing with your right hand on the mat shove hard to the left on their weak angle). They most likely will post their hand. Get your free NY. I forget what that oneis called. Pedro?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Oh man, I need to revise the terminology cuz I completely forget most of the terms u r saying. I wish there was an app for that. Maybe I'll find it in eddies jiu jitsu unleashed or mts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Work your night of the living dead and exhumer at that point or go to weak side crackhead, with your free hand try to push off the mat to knock them over (if your pushing with your right hand on the mat shove hard to the left on their weak angle). They most likely will post their hand. Get your free NY. I forget what that oneis called. Pedro?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    Oh man, I need to revise the terminology cuz I completely forget most of the terms u r saying. I wish there was an app for that. Maybe I'll find it in eddies jiu jitsu unleashed or mts.
    Mastering the Rubber Guard book. Brent is spot on, and i do think its call the pedro
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    I like to start working the pump at this point. If they realize what is happening, they will lean their body to the side you are attacking from in order to prevent you from pushing their elbow in. When that happens, Rescue Dog - when they lean to one side, the other side is often open to attack.

Array

School
    Balance Studios, PA
    I still think the Pedro should be called the Ol' Switcheroo but whatever works.

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranlers View Post
    I still think the Pedro should be called the Ol' Switcheroo but whatever works.
    lol

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Okay, thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely try out all of these when I'm put in that situation again

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    I focus on using moves that don't require a zombie'd arm because it is typically a very hard war to get it.

That being said, there's a few things. One is your always going to want to get the arm before you even go into guard. Start using cocoon and a strong overhook game, then transition to full guard from there. Having the overhook before going into rubber guard is the easiest way to skip the battle.

If you're in mission control and you do want to go for a zombie though, the main detail I try and focus on is creating an angle. Hipping out to the side you want to zombie will open up his elbow on that side. This will make it much easier to dig under for a zombie. Also enter your hand in from his tricep. He's a lot stronger at his elbow and can keep that space much tighter than his tricep.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    No advice to duda? Duda to barataplata?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast