Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec

Question for lockdown

So I try to get the lock down as much as possible when in half guard, but people are starting to realize that I like the lock down so they are hiding their leg ( I call it triangling but whatever), I`m always not sure what to do from there. How can I get it back? Should I just abandon trying to lockdown and do what I used to do? I usually try to get my lockdown back which opens up my legs a bit then they pass my half guard to side control..and side control sucks balls..

Also do you think its best to go for old school first, then plan b then electric sweep or electric, old school, plan b? I`ve been at 5.0 or whatever but it never worked for me yet.

Array

School
    Fight Club Masakatsu Izegem
    If I really can not reach the leg to get the lockdown, I try some sweeps from traditional half, just to make him work and probably base out. Maybe work for double underhooks if i don't have that yet, then maybe get the lockdown later. Sometimes I get the sweep, sometimes it just makes him forget about the lockdown, and then I get it. Of course, sometimes I just get smashed too :-).
    What I do when i get the lockdown, depends on where his free leg is after the whipup. Old school is my first option, if that fails i try the electric chair. If he's based out on his foot, i C cup his leg and go for plan b. I rarely try for 5.0, i often find it hard to get his arm pinned to his back. When the electric chair fails i try to get to stoner control.

Array

School
    blank
    flow like water brah

now is your chance to develop trad half and butterfly. and when they get hip to that they will forget about your lockdown game.

build every part of your game

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    So I try to get the lock down as much as possible when in half guard, but people are starting to realize that I like the lock down so they are hiding their leg ( I call it triangling but whatever), I`m always not sure what to do from there. How can I get it back? Should I just abandon trying to lockdown and do what I used to do? I usually try to get my lockdown back which opens up my legs a bit then they pass my half guard to side control..and side control sucks balls..

Also do you think its best to go for old school first, then plan b then electric sweep or electric, old school, plan b? I`ve been at 5.0 or whatever but it never worked for me yet.
    These all depend on where his leg is positioned.

Work your Z Guard/93 Guard/ Shield Guard as well as traditional half. It'll open up mad butterfly sweeps and at least once you get your butterfly's in you can go back to full guard if that's your style. (not mine)

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    These all depend on where his leg is positioned.

Work your Z Guard/93 Guard/ Shield Guard as well as traditional half. It'll open up mad butterfly sweeps and at least once you get your butterfly's in you can go back to full guard if that's your style. (not mine)
    SUPER STOMP ALL DAY. really get good at going right to superstomp right away when you cannot establish your lockdown. if you are stuck playing Traditional Half because he is "hiding" his leg from getting locked down, your inside leg is already Curling so the super stomp is there
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    SUPER STOMP ALL DAY. really get good at going right to superstomp right away when you cannot establish your lockdown. if you are stuck playing Traditional Half because he is "hiding" his leg from getting locked down, your inside leg is already Curling so the super stomp is there
    Good Call on that!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    As soon as a i feel the pass coming, liek with a Dominator, no hand, etc, i go immediatly to Super Stomp and try and get to butterfly or sweep ASAP. if that makes sense lol
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    flow like water brah

now is your chance to develop trad half and butterfly. and when they get hip to that they will forget about your lockdown game.

build every part of your game
    This is my line of thought. I try not to fight for things unless I really don't know another option. But when I have a lot of options, I tend to just go with the path of least resistance. Favorite thing to do from trad half guard is to transition to Popovitch deep half and either sweep or kneebar. Very high percentage for me and it's super simple.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    This is my line of thought. I try not to fight for things unless I really don't know another option. But when I have a lot of options, I tend to just go with the path of least resistance. Favorite thing to do from trad half guard is to transition to Popovitch deep half and either sweep or kneebar. Very high percentage for me and it's super simple.
    Traditional Half=Guard passed

Or Kneebar'd
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    sounds a lot like the same path of mastering the rubber guard dvd, i just looked at it after posting this again.
    thx. But stoner control offers some illegal moves for blue belt and under like calf crusher, so im not sure what else can be done from there, never tryed stoner control though, Im getting there sometime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo Lagrange View Post
    If I really can not reach the leg to get the lockdown, I try some sweeps from traditional half, just to make him work and probably base out. Maybe work for double underhooks if i don't have that yet, then maybe get the lockdown later. Sometimes I get the sweep, sometimes it just makes him forget about the lockdown, and then I get it. Of course, sometimes I just get smashed too :-).
    What I do when i get the lockdown, depends on where his free leg is after the whipup. Old school is my first option, if that fails i try the electric chair. If he's based out on his foot, i C cup his leg and go for plan b. I rarely try for 5.0, i often find it hard to get his arm pinned to his back. When the electric chair fails i try to get to stoner control.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast