Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

MTS 78 is now LIVE! "Death From Below"

Mastering The System episode 78 is now ready for study. Episode 77 was all about the path to the Gogo clinch. It is a super crucial episode for those of you on a quest to master the rubber guard. Go back and study that one before diving into this one if you havnt already because a large part of this episode is about polishing the Gogo clinch and I also go over a different submission option off the Gogo clinch, "death from below" which is a perfect position to land elbows from the bottom, and the submission from there is just as deadly. And for the first time in MTS history I introduce a part of the leg lock game that I recently got addicted to, the honey hole also known as the saddle and 411. This is a part the heel hook game that I was first exposed to by 10p black belt Shigeki Matsuda, but I ignored it because I was too afraid to play footsies. Then years later after Denny Prokopos dove into the leg lock game, he tried to get me into the honey hole then, but again it seemed to dangerous to me. It wasn't until 5 years later, when Garry Tonon submitted Richie Martinez and Nathan Orchard from this position in competition that I finally realized how awesome the position is. Orchard broke it down to me beautifully and a seminar of his and I finally fell in love with it. The honey hole system is vast and I only touched on a couple set ups but it's an MTS segment that will probably ignite your fire for the leg lock game if you've been avoiding it like I was. Plus I also go over Dean Lister's favorite honey hole escape. If you're still not interested in the honey hole after watching this episode you better at least master the escape, trust me, this escape is pure gold. Thank you for the support! Enjoy :-)

10thplanetjj.com/techniques
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    This is awesome! I know what I'm adding to my game

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Cant wait to see the D'arce Defense! and all the rest of course too

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    I love the honey hole. Nathan's seminar super charged my leg lock game. I'm super interested in defense now too.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Wow that RG kids part is AWESOME!!!!! don't you think so guys?? Anyways, "death from below" killer technique, will have to add that right away. All those legs locks stuff will have to book mark them as kids aren't allow to do those things yet...

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I breezed through some parts last night but I need to watch it in full for sure. I am a HUGE fan of the Gogo clinch and look forward to more moves developing.

One thing I want to say about Stew Landry showing that walk-under pass and the Darce defense:
    The shit works. Damn, that pass gets frustrating! lol
    Last edited by Kurzy; 09-10-2014 at 07:38 AM.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Ronin
    Master Eddie, are you a fan of Reilly Bodycomb's? His new series - No Kurtka - has some pretty similar positions to the honey hole you show and some rather cool set ups too One of them I think you will like is when an opponent grabs your leg if you are standing, you backstep and drive your knee through (very similar to the one you show, but this is from standing).

I really like the GoGo Clinch too. Thank you for continually providing such incredible content.
    Last edited by Apperz; 09-10-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Master Eddie, are you a fan of Reilly Bodycomb's? His new series - No Kurtka - has some pretty similar positions to the honey hole you show and some rather cool set ups too One of them I think you will like is when an opponent grabs your leg if you are standing, you backstep and drive your knee through (very similar to the one you show, but this is from standing).

I really like the GoGo Clinch too. Thank you for continually providing such incredible content.
    Did you change your name? I thought you had a different name....

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Eddie knows about those Herzog and I showed him awhile ago. Beside Reilly learned those entries from a guy Named Tyga that trains/ teaches at NY Combat Sambo. I did a seminar at that school showing that transition to the 411 and the ham sandwich weeks before he released those videos. The other instructor, even taught a seminar the next weekend at Pablo Popovitch's school showing the stuff I taught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast