Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham

Most important belt/rank?

So I was reading an article about what was the most important belt in Jiu-jitsu, and Rickson Gracie was saying that the blue belt is the most important.... It got me thinking, what do the members of the forum think?

So what do you think is the most important belt/rank and why? And if you think none are important again state why. I'm not really looking for a specific answer, just want to see everyone's opinion.

Array

School
    Ronin
    What was Ricksons reason for blue being most important?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    I would think only a seasoned Black Belt could truly respond to this seeing as they are the only ones with the time and experience at all ranks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    In my opinion, white belt is. You have to learn how to eat humble pie with a smile on your face. Most people can't do it.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    All are equally important.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Every lesson on the journey is important. Every experience relates to another and makes you better. Belts are a reflection of your dedication, experience and loyalty to an Instructor or Organization. Just my thoughts.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    The most important belt is the one that fits snugly around your waist and isn't too large for the belt loops of your favorite trousers. You may want to leave room in the belt in case you gain or lose weight (but it isn't like anyone *really* wants to lose weight, amiright?). Some people employ sequins for extra pizzazz or plastic for affordability, but I personally recommend leather as the belt material because it is durable, flexible, and can even stretch a bit. It is also possible to make your own belt notches in a leather belt quite easily if you have access to a decent soldering iron, which most of us do I think. You should probably try to space the holes evenly by measuring about the length from the tip of your thumb to the first knuckle. Just make sure to TURN OFF the iron after you're done and let it COOL OFF before attempting to move or store it. Phew, you only make that mistake once, I'm telling you. Also, if you treat your belt with mink oil every 6 months, it will maintain a lustrous finish and will stay soft to the touch, which is desirable if you plan to employ your belt during any extracurricular or sexual activities.

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Due to the recent "shoulder guard" and "sincere apology to the forum" threads. I would say what ever belt you claim to have on Nibiru is the most important

Array

School
    Ronin
    Belts are such nebulous things in a conceptual framework. I've learned from rolling at a lot of tournaments and gyms that the real skill is not at all universal across belt rank.
    Without blowing smoke, I can say that the average 10th Planet blue is far above what I've seen from other schools.

Array

School
    Balance Studios, PA
    I heard that the blue belt is the most important. It is where you either choose to continue or stop your Jiu Jitsu journey. The blue belt is where a lot of practitioners quite jiu jitsu when they become blue belts. (Varies reasoning) I don't care about belt rankings but instead, what techniques I learn and what skill mastery I achieve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast