Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trucking a big man problems (couldn't flip him problems )

Hello friends

Last night I caught a man that can only be described as a "brickshit house " aka broad across the shoulders thick and a head on him like 1950s tv

He's had me 1/4 guard so I've gone to hit the roll to go to the truck he's felt the pressure from my lock down and come up to his knees my left knee is in deep towards his arse I've stepped over his left leg and secured desouza control tried to pull him back in to the truck

He wouldn't budge
    Tried again wouldn't budge

Decided to grab the foot and pull him over

Again wouldnt budge

Contemplated rolling over and going that side but time ran out

So in short does any one have any tips to flipping the truck on a larger opponent

Cheers legends

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Be sure you roll at the correct angle, many vids out there where this is covered. Also be sure you roll close to you, almost underneath y'all. Many people try to roll too far on the twister roll. Hope this helps.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I have had guys stop my roll too. Big guys. I am sure there is a way to make it work, but I need the answer as badly as you do my friend.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    TBJJ
    I wouldn't try to roll with larger guys. There's more than one way to hit the truck. For example, when you have there back with a single hook in, you can dump them to the side and lockdown into truck. I call it the "dump truck".

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I just reread this and I realize you are attacking turtle, not from twister side. I would try for the other hook, anytime the back is available, I always go for it first.

Array

School
    Are you trolling Joe? You don't even play truck....

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Are you trolling Joe? You don't even play truck....
    Trolling? I prefer going straight to the back if I can, but I know truck. Did what I say not make sense?

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I'm a big guy 330lbs I had a 145lbs guy try and put me in the truck. The first few attempts failed it's all about the angle. Roll as close to his shoulders as you can your not Trying to move all his weight just enough so the pivot point is his shoulders. That's the way I see it anyway

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    possible option,if your leg is all the way through, you can just go for calf crank on top. Not as secure but you are in the same position as the truck, just on top. Grab the foot, hip thrust and use all your weight to drive your shin bone to the floor. If you're flexible, you can still stomp your ankle. Be ready for the roll cause he is going to want to get the hell out. Go with it and secure the truck. I think it might be referred to as the Gokor, could be mistaken.

Array

School
    I've just never seen you play truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast