Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Gracie Bullshit, or ah I mean Breakdown. Lister Barnett

GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    At 6:55
    http://www.56.com/u56/v_NzA4NjgwMjk.html

Mark Coleman taps Dan Severn. Severn out weighed him by 20 lbs.

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    Lemme guess , another technique that didn't pass the filter ? Cos it's not like you ever have to fight opponents who are the same size or smaller is it ? Oh wait, that happens all the time. Pfffffft

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Too bad that showed it wrong. The 2nd arm comes under the shoulder, probably explains why they couldn't tap each other with it.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    The Gracies are kind of in "Damage Control" and a lot of the money makers in the BJJ world are getting a bit worried about the resurgance of Catch Wrestling. I have a feeling that might be one of the motives for the Sakuraba vs. Renzo fight, as they can beat him now that he is old and his body is destroyed.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    That was difficult to watch. I'm very disappointed in these gentlemen. They managed to be snobby, prejudicial, self-contradictory, and dogmatic all in one relatively short video. If you're into philosophical fallacies (formal or informal), you'll get an erection watching this; it could be an instructional video for an introductory critical reasoning class. How do I love thee, o fallacy? Let me count the ways:

1. No True Scotsman – Jiu jitsu is the best martial art? What, it just got beaten? Let’s redefine “best”: it is the best at teaching the most number of people who are unathletic to kind of defend themselves unless the other person is athletic or knows catch wrestling.
    2. Appeal to Probability – Jiu jitsu is more likely to help the most number of people, so it is better.
    3. Denying the Antecedent – If Royce Gracie had been big, then his victories would not have been victories for jiujitsu. Royce is not big, therefore his victories are for jiujitsu.
    4. Affirming a disjunct – A good martial art is one that many people can practice. Jiujitsu is an art that many people can practice, therefore all other martial arts are not.
    5. Ad Hominem – Josh Barnett only won because he’s big (and bigness is a bad trait, apparently).
    6. Appeal to Authority – Uncle Royce says jiujitsu is the best, so it must be. *(This is just one example; this is the most common fallacy they make.)
    7. Cherry Picking – Dean Lister made the mistake of letting Josh get an overhook from side control; it wasn’t jiu jitsu’s fault. (We’re going to ignore that we’ve always trained people to get an underhook from side control, giving easy access to our head.)
    8. Straw Man – Watch how I easily create a “new neck” when he tries to grab my head. (Because he’s not even actually grabbing my head.)
    9. Begging the Question – Every martial art is perfect for what it is intended for. *(LoL)
    10. Hasty Generalization – Jiujitsu doesn’t require strength, athleticism, etc, which all of the other martial arts do. (Ermmm… what about Taichi, for example?)

I could be here all day actually, but I’m going to go train. In jiu jitsu, in fact. I love jiu jitsu, but not for any of the above reasons.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I thought the most awful Breakdown was the one they recently did about a video of a a teenager who kills another teen with a choke. There's something terribly immoral about trying to sell a system off of a young person's death.

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    I really hope Sakuraba stuffs Renzo so they have to do another breakdown. My slight concern is that he is too old and dottled

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Well, I'm not gonna go that far. I'd love to see a good match and don't wish ill-will on anyone, especially Renzo and his family who have gotten in the ring and/or cage, to test or rather put their money where their mouths are at. The marketing tactics of this genertions' brothers are just that. Renzo ain't got nothing to do with that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast