Array

School
    Ronin

Training at the Roc!

As luck would have it, I got the chance to spend the weekend in Rochester, and so of course I had to take advantage of the opportunity to train with Coach Zog.
    First, thanks to Chris for letting a Ronin stop in, and thanks a second time for making me feel like a part of the 10th Planet Family!
    The tech of the day was based around the Capoeira Cowboy system to kill the Quarter Clinch game (and will be featured on the Week In Roc very soon!). This is a totally necessary addition to my game since I am almost exclusively a guard and half guard player, with an admittedly under developed top game.
    The coolness factor of having the lesson of the day available for review on video is going to be invaluable as a Ronin. MTS, seminars, and trips like this are the blood and bone of my training.
    Rolling with the crew was great, and I haven't had that good a time on the mats since Eddie's Seminar.
    I'll be making this a monthly pilgrimage, and if any NY Ronin want to carpool, hit me up on PM.
    Thanks again to Chris, Scott Y, and Tom C!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You're welcome! Glad you finally made it out for class and some rolls. Looking forward to training with ya more in the future!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not making the trip sooner, but I'm a major introvert, and I have a weird thing about being in the way or out of place. Thanks for making me feel welcome, you really can't know how much it meant.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not making the trip sooner, but I'm a major introvert, and I have a weird thing about being in the way or out of place. Thanks for making me feel welcome, you really can't know how much it meant.
    No need to feel that way with us brotha, you support 10p and we see and appreciate it and in return we welcome you here whenever you can make it out.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    As a fellow introvert, I can honestly tell you that Empire is easily the most welcoming gym I've ever attended. If I wanted to keep to myself and not talk to anyone, people respected it. If I wanted to socialize, people were very warm. In every gym you're going to have guys who have tighter bonds, but even still it's not like they push guys away. I can honestly say that the guys there are genuine in wanting to make eachother better.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Always good to see you at the gym