Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

The Week in Roc Episode 26: Capoeira Quarter Guard Killers

This Episode Scott and I just start to scratch the surface of the Capoeira Quarter Guard Killers including the Capoeira Cowboy, Capoeira Crush, Capoeira Clamp, Capoeira 411 and Capoeira Cloverleaf. Over 20 minutes long and there still some much we didn't get to share. The Capoeira Killers go deep!

Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Mikael Chay

Nice! Thanks Chris!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    yes I've been waiting for this!

Array

School
    I was not disappointed at all. Great material. Scott's portion was a nice cherry on top.

EDIT:

Coach, regarding the kneebar, is it acceptable to do a one armed kneebar? I've been using the Keenan kneebar trap with really good success ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUv2kmQ7_A ) . But sometimes, if I can't trap the free foot, I'll just keep hold of the toes, then I reach my other hand behind my neck, and I knee bar with one arm. Is that a bad habit, or a good back up to when you can't get a proper kneebar?
    Last edited by David Rosado; 10-08-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Always use two arms when possible. Legs are far stronger than arms, even 2 arms at the best leverage points may not be enough to control a real strong mans leg.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 10-08-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    If you must use one arm, use the shotgun grip. However even with the shotgun grip you need to have perfect positioning to avoid counter attacks. I see high level guys demonstrating it dangerously incorrect all over the place.

Stay ahead of your opponents, reduce their options as much as possible:
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 10-08-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Array

School
    OK, so the shotgun kneebar uses your back muscles to fight the leg. That makes sense because you can deadlift more than you can leg curl. I think that's why my one arm kneebar works when I use it. It's the same principle but a different configuration. When I grab the back of my neck, my arm muscles are no longer working. It's all back muscles. But if it's a bad habit, I'll get rid of it. Thanks for the input coach.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Game changing!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    OK, so the shotgun kneebar uses your back muscles to fight the leg. That makes sense because you can deadlift more than you can leg curl. I think that's why my one arm kneebar works when I use it. It's the same principle but a different configuration. When I grab the back of my neck, my arm muscles are no longer working. It's all back muscles. But if it's a bad habit, I'll get rid of it. Thanks for the input coach.

Always use 2 arms when possible. Even when using your arms, you are still using your back to finish. It's not the same principles as the shotgun grip, If you put your arm behind your head you are bringing your arm further away from your core (weaker grip/control), and you reduces your options if you can't finish.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 10-08-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    So awesome, this made my day! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast