Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I wear shirts where I train to represent at the local cards...lol...I gotta admit..dudes do move out of the way. I guess that's why guys wear them, but still. The other portion are the guys who take a class or two on drop ins and start repping all of the gear. I heard some guy complaining about it in line. Saying the dude only shows up because he wants to say he trains, but he doesn't really participate in the class.

I'm like, but those guys exist in everything. Far as you know the guy is just there to get away from his wife 2 or 3 nights a week.

Array

School
    Brasa Belgium - Savate Leuven - 10th Planet on the Net
    Here in Belgium there is something to seperate the dedicted from the posers:
    The Martial Arts/Combat Sports Passport!

A small booklet the size of a passport that every federation has, the first page
    has your name, some other info, your picture and your federal Registration Number (which
    is unique and also stands on your ID and your drivers license).

Inside the booklet there's a copy of your sport insurance, a copy of a docter's approval
    document for training and competition and your ranks are written in with date and seal and
    the competitions, seminars, etc...
    No MACS Passport, no training and no competition.
    (offcourse you still get a nice degree with fancy letters and logos to put on your wall =^) )

I've got one with
    - the BKBM²A (Belgian Kickboxing, Muay Thai and MMA Association) for my Muay Thai and MMA
    - the VVA (Flemish Fightsport Association) for my Taekwondo, Hapkido and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    - the FAdLBFS (Amateur Federation of La Boxe Française-Savate) for my La Boxe Française-Savate
    - the VJF (Flemish Judo Federation) for my Judo

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Here in Belgium there is something to seperate the dedicted from the posers:
    The Martial Arts/Combat Sports Passport!

A small booklet the size of a passport that every federation has, the first page
    has your name, some other info, your picture and your federal Registration Number (which
    is unique and also stands on your ID and your drivers license).

Inside the booklet there's a copy of your sport insurance, a copy of a docter's approval
    document for training and competition and your ranks are written in with date and seal and
    the competitions, seminars, etc...
    No MACS Passport, no training and no competition.
    (offcourse you still get a nice degree with fancy letters and logos to put on your wall =^) )

I've got one with
    - the BKBM²A (Belgian Kickboxing, Muay Thai and MMA Association) for my Muay Thai and MMA
    - the VVA (Flemish Fightsport Association) for my Taekwondo, Hapkido and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    - the FAdLBFS (Amateur Federation of La Boxe Française-Savate) for my La Boxe Française-Savate
    - the VJF (Flemish Judo Federation) for my Judo
    dunno about anyone else, but i think thats pretty cool. like a journal/ rap sheet for everything you've done martial arts wise.

Array

School
    Derby City MMA/ Ronin
    that is pretty interesting. I cant imagine how difficult it would be to get something like that set up here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    dunno about anyone else, but i think thats pretty cool. like a journal/ rap sheet for everything you've done martial arts wise.
    It sounds like HEAVY government regulation, a tracking chip is next........

Array

School
    Brasa Belgium - Savate Leuven - 10th Planet on the Net
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    It sounds like HEAVY government regulation, a tracking chip is next........
    Well the government (in agreement with the federations) controls the standards for ranking and instructor certificates, so that's the government "control".
    But since the government subsidises the insurance companies AND the sportfederations (which subsidises the individual sportclubs) I can say that prices are here cheap:
    - BJJ (+open mat times) = 300€/year (upto 4times a week + 2times open mat) + 50€ insurance/year
    - Judo = 94€/year (upto 3times a week) + 36€ insurance/year
    - Muay Thai + MMA = 110€/20times + 60€ insurance/year
    - Savate = 6€/a time + 36€ insurance/year

Not really prices to get bankrupt with + the insurance covers everything (full hospital, full home medical, "bring at home" meals and full weigher during your sick leave if it's not possible to go to work).

So some government 'control' isn't so bad, since here it is impossible to slap yourself a black belt on without the right qualifications and start your club. Also I like the Belgian government since here the use of marihuana is legal!

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    Sooooo,what is that in dollars????

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    1 euro is 1.3 dollars

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    how about this:

---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Well the government (in agreement with the federations) controls the standards for ranking and instructor certificates, so that's the government "control".
    But since the government subsidises the insurance companies AND the sportfederations (which subsidises the individual sportclubs) I can say that prices are here cheap:
    - BJJ (+open mat times) = 300€/year (upto 4times a week + 2times open mat) + 50€ insurance/year
    - Judo = 94€/year (upto 3times a week) + 36€ insurance/year
    - Muay Thai + MMA = 110€/20times + 60€ insurance/year
    - Savate = 6€/a time + 36€ insurance/year

Not really prices to get bankrupt with + the insurance covers everything (full hospital, full home medical, "bring at home" meals and full weigher during your sick leave if it's not possible to go to work).

So some government 'control' isn't so bad, since here it is impossible to slap yourself a black belt on without the right qualifications and start your club. Also I like the Belgian government since here the use of marihuana is legal!
    I am moving to fucking Belgium. Gotta learn French I suppose... How do you say "crackhead", "zombie", and "Dude! Quit bogarting the bong!" in French?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast