Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha

Any talk of opening a 10P Utah?

Just curious if there is anyone talking or thinking about opening an affiliate in Utah. If not let me be the first :-)
    I still have a grip to learn from Derek Stewart and Eddie, but so far I think those are my long term goals, to spread the 10P gospel to the Utahn's. If someone is thinking about it, let's talk. I'm a few years away from moving back at a minimum, but I know from experience Utah is in desperate need of some good no gi JJ.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Salt Lake Grappling Club are 10P ronins for years now

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Nothing planned for Utah, they've been silent, waiting in the wings maybe?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    It's definitely a jiu jitsu hot spot, if I don't see one pop up in the next couple years I'm planning a hostile take over. Lol, 10P is definitely the future of jiu jitsu even with a gi.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Where would you open it? Salt lakr county is already pretty saturated, and Layton/Ogden has gyms opening and then dying quick

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Yeah, I would probably aim for downtown Ogden or Layton, maybe Sandy so I could get people from Utah County and Salt Lake County etc. There would definitely be a lot of foundation/footwork and advertising work involved, but I think I could use some connections since I lived there most of my life, as far as a building I would probably use some inheritance money to buy the spot and keep overhead low, but I'd have to work that one out. That's just a quick blueprint, give me some time and I'll come up with a legit business plan.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    This is something we talk about at the Salt Lake Grappling Club on at least a weekly basis.

Like Gray said, we have been Ronin (and competing) since Jiu-Jitsu Unleashed came out in 2005. Actually, I remember visiting Eddie's site even before that when the only technique he had up was a triangle off meathook (if I recall correctly).

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Are you from North Davis County or Ogden area, BJ?

Man, I don't know how many people are going to travel from Salt Lake to Layton or Ogden to train these days. There is a decent amount of car traffic going that way now.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    You really should visit SLGC next time you're in town BJ, Pat and Jack are just beasts. Pat makes me regularly regret life decisions on the mat.

Sandy isn't probably the best spot. You have a choke hold with Unified and Absolute on the sport market and then Horn has the MMA market. As of now, the only BJJ in Logan is under Rulon (lol). Layton/Cherry Hills area is probably ripe for the picking, its basically only One Hit right there.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    +1 on what Gray said about Sandy. Jeremy Horn/Unified/Absolute is a lot of competition for one suburban area of SLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast