Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Shawn hammonds/Nashville MMA

how do u like to warm up for tournaments?

I've been curious how guys like to warm up and stretch for their matches (given that everyone has their unique preferred stretch and warm up) I'm more so curious about WHEN you like to warm up as bjj tournaments aren't exactly the most organized. Do you like to get a good initial sweat goin, loosen up and try to maintain that? Or do u not wanna risk overdoing it and get more of a light swrat/stretch and just maintain that for a long ass time? I've found that I like to have a hoodie on, and sweatpants also if it's no gi, got my headphones on and I'm pacing/stretching and like to peel it off and feel like I just shed off a gazillion lbs and feel light right before I step up Thx for your opinions

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    Just some stretching before my division is up. That's all.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    That's one of the things I hate the most about tournaments. There is no room. You don't know when you are really going to go. So you are almost sleepy. Then they call your name and BOOM you gotta figure out what to do. I've given up actually rolling lightly: no room. No shrimping. No room.

After 8 years of training and tournaments, this is what works best for me. I sleep/rest, get off feet, until we are called to warm up area. I bring a yoga mat to claim my space, yes, even on the mat they provide, that's my space, that's all I need. And I do 1) Sun Salutations (Yoga) with Warrior Pose 1 and 2. 6-8 reps. 2) Jumping Jacks. 3) Pummeling & Uchi Komi and 4) modified Granby's. That's it. I have no room for anything else.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    I like this exercise we do in training called dive bombers. Wrestlers call them something else i think. I like granbys and other wrestling warmups

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Walker View Post
    Just some stretching before my division is up. That's all.
    Same. Just some light stretching and I'm good to go. I also like to take a little 20 minute nap a little before.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Blue Dream

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    That's one of the things I hate the most about tournaments. There is no room. You don't know when you are really going to go. So you are almost sleepy. Then they call your name and BOOM you gotta figure out what to do. I've given up actually rolling lightly: no room. No shrimping. No room.

After 8 years of training and tournaments, this is what works best for me. I sleep/rest, get off feet, until we are called to warm up area. I bring a yoga mat to claim my space, yes, even on the mat they provide, that's my space, that's all I need. And I do 1) Sun Salutations (Yoga) with Warrior Pose 1 and 2. 6-8 reps. 2) Jumping Jacks. 3) Pummeling & Uchi Komi and 4) modified Granby's. That's it. I have no room for anything else.
    Yes exactly, but cool I'll look into more warmup/drills

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    Blue Dream
    Lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvThxEQBENw

I'll basically do the exercises in this video that don't require a partner. And our 10P grandby warmup. Just seems to get me in my own world and relax.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Jacob nm usually does A-H
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast