Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Jedi Mind Trick Jiu Jitsu

Old school gracie guard pass

I saw this while looking for worlds weirdest guard passes. I was not disappointed.

The first technique is the one I am talking about.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Haha, that's pretty funny to look back on now. I believe this was a legit pass back then because the triangle hadn't been introduced yet. At least I remember Rickson talking about the triangle being a recent addition when he was on JRE so that's what I'm assuming must be the case..
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Pretty awesome way to go to sleep. But for the time it was probably legit. Now it just begs, "Pull the arm." Evolution... Now we're using the elbow to open up that thigh, or two in/two out, two high for the arms/or one high around the neck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Haha, that's pretty funny to look back on now. I believe this was a legit pass back then because the triangle hadn't been introduced yet. At least I remember Rickson talking about the triangle being a recent addition when he was on JRE so that's what I'm assuming must be the case..
    The triangle has been around alot longer than the gracie basic videos. Which includes triangles. Rolls brought the triangle from Judo to GJJ in the 70's . Im willing to bet this pass is still taught in Torrance.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-02-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    Wouldve been so interesting to see where bjj would be if Rolls was still around

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I feel pretty confident saying that they taught this on purpose, knowing it would get non-Gracies choked unconscious.
    Last edited by Brandon Mccaghren; 11-02-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Relson still teaches a one hand over, one hand under guard pass. Nothing like this, you break guard first, then combat base, then one in while other tucked to own body, posture up. It's pass #1 that only works against new folks, really, but it sets up a cross knee pass or a knee on stomach pass. The over/under and cross knee are paired together, I think it's to get you to work both over and both under to pass. Double unders are also taught but later. White belts are triangled constantly doing it by blues and ups; but they tell us it's not because of the one over/one under but because we didn't have control nor had proper posture. I think it's more of a teaching tool than a high percentage pass later on. As per this particular one, I think he was drunk. This is no where near what his brother teaches...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I feel pretty confident saying that they taught this on purpose, knowing it would get non-Gracies chokes unconscious.
    I was going to actually type that this morning, but then I got high.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    CBJJ san luis.
    They taught us this pass in Army Combatives back in the day. :-/ I had trained a bit before so I could see the triangle. Always wondered about its origins.
    Last edited by Justin_Pynn; 11-02-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast