Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla

final of the moscow open no gi. middle weight. Nice display of 10thplanet.

Excelent combat with a good display of 10thplanet techniques by oliver geddes. It may not went our way but fun to watch! What folllow ups did he missed to win this fight?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga5p...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by nathan cybul; 11-07-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Array

School
    Dragon Academy/ 10th Planet Ronin
    Chicago, IL (USA) & San Pablo, Laguna (PH)
    That was quite an exciting match

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan cybul View Post
    Excelent combat with a good display of 10thplanet techniques by oliver geddes. It may not went our way but fun to watch! What folllow ups did he missed to win this fight?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga5p...ature=youtu.be
    Awesome match. In a sub only format I could see it going the other way. I think at around 6:38, he might've been able to put up a bit more of a fight to either keep the mount or try to sink the hooks for the back points. The guy's way better than me, so maybe I'm missing a detail, but he seemed to let the opponent get back on top with very little resistance. He seemed over committed to the arm that he was hooking. Top guy's passing was really strong.
    Last edited by David Rosado; 11-07-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    The guy he went against is the first ever Russian BJJ black belt, he is very legit. Good display of 10P techniques though.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Damn....Oli Geddes has been pulling halfguard forever. Because he filmed such huge number of his matches, his grappling career on youtube is actually a great database of halfguard in competition.

Here is a podcast where he makes some interesting observations about the halfguard for a guy who uses it to the great extent he does. He says:

"the halfguard is not mechanically strong enough to not suffer while using it."
    "if you stay there for too long...it will not favor you in the long run."
    "there aren't that many submissions from there...so you have to sweep, but if you sweep you have to then pass, so if you're going to do that...why not just do takedowns and pass instead of suffering in halfguard."
    [All paraphrased]

Obviously, there are a lot of matches with 10thP guys (including Eddie/Royler II) that are good counter-points to his comments. But still, it is really interesting to hear such a big halfguard guy say these things.

http://www.openmatradio.com/?p=1731

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Lockdown only works on TV shows
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie