Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    GZ Fight Systems Bridgeport WV/Former10th Planet Morgantown
    It come from my fist Jim, next time I see you in class I'll show you

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    How can it be something that you are born with guys? Is there any reason for nature to evolve human beings, more so their genes forming in a way so that specific person has KO ability? It is a combination of speed, power, bone density ( effects the weight of the arm, which during impact increase the amount of impulse), technique timing, part of body hit etc... You can punch someone as hard as possible in the forehead and not even hurt him, or use half of the force on his chin and knock him out, or even use 1/4 of that strength on the back of his head and shut the lights off.
    Good K.O. artists all have their ways of achieving the result. They either beat the living crap out of the opponent with peppering shots like Silva and Machida, accumulating lots of trauma to the brain in which it looks like their final little jab finished the opponent, or go like Henderson style where they put all their might in to one overhead right, and here is the most important part, they connect at the right spot with it, creating a baseball strike to the face effect.

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    Great stuff guys, I appreciate the feedback!

Array

School
    Rōnin
    also a good Thai clinch will fuck people up when you throw knees.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Rampage says that it's all in dat ass.

Array

School
    10th Planet Essex Hotbox
    Knockout power is generated by the legs and hips extending and rotating as one (a triple extension of the hips knees and ankles)
    Power= Force x Accelleration

ive knocked 2 people out clean in my life one felt like nothing like my hand was floating and just touched the guy's chin the other was a hard hit to the side head (temple area ) and it hurt my hand like shit but i put every thing in to it so i dont know

Array

School
    Parabellum MMA
    Start doing some heavy squats and deadlifts! You`ll have all the knock out power you want

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Some things to keep in mind. First, "Knockout Power" generally refers to the ability to turn someone's lights out. This is not necessarily a direct measurement of force, though that obviously has a lot to do with it. High force is needed, and that comes from the classic answers: hips, generating power through your base, rotation, etc. This is where you use F=MA and more importantly momentum (regular and angular) to generate impact. There are other factors, though. Speed helps, both because the opponent has no time to defend (tighten his jaw, turn away, etc.) if he doesn't see it coming, and because it will increase the power of impact (power depends on the amount of time it takes to deliver a force, which is why pushing slowly but hard on someone with all of your body weight hurts way less than a punch.) Angles matter a lot too, which is why I think Anderson is so good at it. Snapping the neck and jaw around with angled shots, using the chin, head and neck as levers to generate rotation, is way more damaging than straight impacts. It also puts the force on the spine, jaw, and nearby nerve endings instead of the stronger neck muscles. This is why a right hook "on the button" is so brutal, while the right cross that lands clean on the mouth often seems to do very little. Side-to-side motion before the strike, and the right angle of attack can make a medium-strength shot become brutal. Finally, timing allows all of the above to be better, and can generally screw with the opponent. Again, not seeing and reacting to a shot makes it do way more damage, because your body naturally does a lot of little things when it knows an impact is coming. Also, catch someone breathing in through their mouth, and they are probably going to sleep for a few different reasons. Catch someone with their feet together (Lyoto v Rashad), and if its not a KO, it could very well set one up in the near future while the guy is off balance and hurt, as it did to Rashad. Catch someone stepping in to the strike, and you get a highlight with 1500000 hits on youtube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12