Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

Fabio Passos Crush Attempt at EBI2

At the 2:00:00 ish mark.

What is that leg crush that Passos jumps on as an attack against the DLR? It's gorgeous and it's right up my alley.

Anybody got more info?

"The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    At 10th planet Beaumont we call it the Robson Maura, since that where we learned it. It's a sneaky counter to the dlr. when your down one day bmac then we'll play with it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Very similar to a ham-sandwich...

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    That's a ham sandwich from standing. Maybe you could call it a ram sandwich.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Yup, its a ham sandwich.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    yeah, its a ham sandwich. I used to call it a Robson Maura crush or something like that because Robson taught EXACTLY this at a seminar of his I went too about 5 years ago. On the 10th Planet cruise, Scott Epstein taught this same thing only he liked to fall straight on top and not spin underneath.

Its a very valid attack vs Dela Riva for sure. I don't think no-gi Dela Riva would be so common if more people knew allot of the counters.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I love ham sandwiches and turkey wraps. Wait... We're talking about food right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Barncat, the counters are all leg locks. Until people start developing their leg locks games, the nogi dlr will still be used. Sad, but people still don't see leg-locks in the right light.. I mean, 10p obviously does. But jiujitsu in general.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Also, Robson does it a little different and his entry is also unique, which is why I still had the names seperated. Maybe a Robson ham-sandwich or a Robson entry to modified hammy? I mean, if a guy does a swim move or a back widow, they both armbars... But we have different names because they are not the same thing..

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Like everyone else said, its the ham sandwich. Super common DLR counter. Not super high percentage against good players though.....but what is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast