Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prison guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin

Prison guard.

Hey guys I was looking around and I can't really find much on it. I know the basic but I want more. It got me thinking, who are the prison guard killers in the system and what have they been doing with it. I've heard compella is pretty sick with his PG and I've heard people say it is really useful connecting all the guards together. (similar to butterfly) but as a ronin I don't have the access to someone knowledgeable just around the corner.

Can anyone help me out point me in the right direction or just have a general chat about where and how to use prison guard? I'm into the thought processes behind the position and the philosophy just as much as putting it to use on people.

Thanks in advance.

(Edit) I found the MTS 42 stuff and I just realised it's the third option from half guard; the others being dogfight and electric chair. i.e. pressure them towards dogfight, they fight back, go electric chair, they turtle up to stop it or whatever and grab prison guard.

but still what can you use it for? there is the swim move and back take but what else? Are there submissions right from PG?
    Last edited by Isaac Atley; 12-02-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Array

School
    Hobart No-Gi/Hybrid Training Centre
    I'm interested too. I'd like to see comp/rolling footage of guys who are good with this

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    There's a lot of great stuff for prison guard. The problem with it though is getting the angle necessary for it. I usually use it if I'm unable to hit a sweep from pdu. But there's sweeps, arm triangles, triangles, Sgt slaughter stuff, rubber guard, swim move, back takes, etc. Hit me up on Facebook if you want some, basic, info. I'm sure there's people much, much better at it than me.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Wasn't Louis Ho big on that?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    Good timing, we were working Prison Guard last night at HQ. Basically, if you have butterfly guard and double unders, that's a great way to get to prison guard. Anytime you find yourself in full guard with double unders, simply release one of the underhooks and clinch the neck with a gable grip and you're ready for business.

In addition to the other moves already mentioned, it's also a great way to get to rubber guard. I think it's an awesome way to get to the gogo clinch.

Edwin Dee, a brown belt, was the only person I know of who made prison guard their specialty, but he's no longer with us. Dempsy at HQ is also pretty good at it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post
    Good timing, we were working Prison Guard last night at HQ. Basically, if you have butterfly guard and double unders, that's a great way to get to prison guard. Anytime you find yourself in full guard with double unders, simply release one of the underhooks and clinch the neck with a gable grip and you're ready for business.

In addition to the other moves already mentioned, it's also a great way to get to rubber guard. I think it's an awesome way to get to the gogo clinch.

Edwin Dee, a brown belt, was the only person I know of who made prison guard their specialty, but he's no longer with us. Dempsy at HQ is also pretty good at it.
    I'm interested. How do you shuck without the proper angle?
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    The angle you have determines what path you take. If you can't get a foot on a hip to shuck, try bringing a leg up for mission control and then zombie the arm you are trying to shuck. Alternatively, try inserting a butterfly and sweeping to the side of the arm that needs shucking.
    Last edited by scottross; 12-02-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    Prison guard has really been around for a long time. Minotauro's guard book released in the early 2000's covered it extensively, as does Neil Melanson's recent book. You can find a bunch of it on YouTube, although it may be a little different as it's not 10th planet related

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Check out MTS42. Eddie talks Prison Guard Philosophy and goes over Prison Guard from perfect double unders/Lockdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    Hey guys I was looking around and I can't really find much on it. I know the basic but I want more. It got me thinking, who are the prison guard killers in the system and what have they been doing with it. I've heard compella is pretty sick with his PG and I've heard people say it is really useful connecting all the guards together. (similar to butterfly) but as a ronin I don't have the access to someone knowledgeable just around the corner.

Can anyone help me out point me in the right direction or just have a general chat about where and how to use prison guard? I'm into the thought processes behind the position and the philosophy just as much as putting it to use on people.

Thanks in advance.

(Edit) I found the MTS 42 stuff and I just realised it's the third option from half guard; the others being dogfight and electric chair. i.e. pressure them towards dogfight, they fight back, go electric chair, they turtle up to stop it or whatever and grab prison guard.

but still what can you use it for? there is the swim move and back take but what else? Are there submissions right from PG?
    Advanced Rubber Guard has a small section on it. The county (toss), lee Morris (swim), Greco (sweep), shortcut (transition), reanimator (transition)...as far as subs the ones already mentioned are pretty much it as far as I know but I imagine there are more possibilities. Just needs some LAB work
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 12-02-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast