Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Joe Rogan breaks down Brendan Schaub

That was some painful truth.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Just listened to this today at work. Man Joe told him straight up. I dont think Schaub was happy
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    A little disrespectful for the guy who edited the video with brendons surprised face.
    Its nice to see rogan being honest but shit, poor brendan. I dont know if it was necessary to say this on the podcast but come to think about it is better when hes on the podcast than talk about that when hes not on behind his back I guess.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    A little disrespectful for the guy who edited the video with brendons surprised face.
    Its nice to see rogan being honest but shit, poor brendan. I dont know if it was necessary to say this on the podcast but come to think about it is better when hes on the podcast than talk about that when hes not on behind his back I guess.
    This was pulled from the Fighter and the Kid Podcast. Brendan said he wanted to talk about all this so Joe obliged. The truth hurts sometimes but it comes from a place of love for Joe because that is his friend
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Not disrespectful at all. Pride is a motherfucker. Dancing around it to not be rude is deceptive. Joe was honest. Thats respect.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I think over the next decade or two this traumatic brain injury issue is going to become a huge deal for MMA, boxing/kickboxing, American football, and some other sports.

I would imagine Rogan (being a compassionate guy) has been struggling for a while with ethical concerns over his role in MMA in light of his knowledge of what it will do in the long run to at least some % of the fighters.

He did the right thing by talking about this publicly and in a context that adds a human face to the issue (Schaub).

Array

School
    Team Quest Redding
    That was honestly amazing. Tough love.

Array

School
    www.therockbjj.com
    Whether you think Joe was being a jerk or a good friend, we all need someone like that in our lives to tell us the truth or at least not spare our feelings and give us what in their mind is an honest assessment.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hanley View Post
    I think over the next decade or two this traumatic brain injury issue is going to become a huge deal for MMA, boxing/kickboxing, American football, and some other sports.

I would imagine Rogan (being a compassionate guy) has been struggling for a while with ethical concerns over his role in MMA in light of his knowledge of what it will do in the long run to at least some % of the fighters.

He did the right thing by talking about this publicly and in a context that adds a human face to the issue (Schaub).
    I definitely have to agree with that. Even just as a fan of the sport I struggle with it. I used to get frustrated with friends and family members who wouldn't let their kids play football or hockey because of head injuries, but now with a 4 year old boy, I find myself struggling with the topic.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Quote Originally Posted by NotReady View Post
    Whether you think Joe was being a jerk or a good friend, we all need someone like that in our lives to tell us the truth or at least not spare our feelings and give us what in their mind is an honest assessment.
    I agree. It may have been "too close in time" to the loss (amplifies the humiliation he may feel), but it needed to be said.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast