Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria

Eddie the Corner Man-Damn his voice carries!

I already joked with Eddie about this when he cornered George last fight but you can hear his voice carry over the cage BIG TIME. There are some guys that are awesome to have in your corner because they have the types of voices that can be heard about others.

Eddie is just one of those guys. Matt Serra is another. Can you think of anymore guys that have corner man voices?
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Good point, I wasn't even looking at the screen when I told the other guys watching "Hey, that's Eddie Bravo, the guy I have been telling you about!" I loved how Eddie gave legit, technical advise based on the previous rounds, while most of the other corners at the event were saying things like "C'mon man, this is it, this is what you trained for" and "don't let him push you around like that." You should open the Eddie Bravo School for Corner Coaches.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Bolden View Post

Eddie is just one of those guys. Matt Serra is another. Can you think of anymore guys that have corner man voices?
    I am not sure if this has been brought up, but does anyone else notice on the Ultimate Fighter this season with GSP as he corners someone and they do something he likes or connects with a hit, he says "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!"??? He does it every time!

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    lates85

That comes from Traditional Muay Thai. Watch any K1 or MT match and a good clean hit will get that reaction from the guys corner.
    ---------------------
    Owner of Submissions 101

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    The one thing that made me smile is when Eddie was yelling "he's folding! He's folding"
    ---------------------
    Owner of Submissions 101

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Bolden View Post
    The one thing that made me smile is when Eddie was yelling "he's folding! He's folding"
    ya and he was right to him and Joe both called it he just seemed to change gears at one point! about Eddie being loud I guess thats an advantage to being a singer and teaching to large groups alot.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    It has to be the singing for sure.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Whenever Kenny Florian fights, I always hear his cornerman really well. I'm not sure if that's his brother Keith or Mark DellaGrotte or someone else but whoever it is, his voice easily stands out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Tito from last TUF season had a good corner man voice.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast