Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock Climbing

And fuck you, soloing the Rostrum is black belt level ;D

Array

School
    Ronin
    Haha Singer owning Cedar Wright in a grappling match on a climbing movie is a good watch. I was stoked to see that and at the time although I didnt know I thought he probably was 10th planet.. Hey Singer I am curious if you actually drew that picture of Cedar with the Ice ax in his back ? Anyhow I thought you were a great addition to that video.

Array

School
    10th Planet SF/Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Pepin View Post
    Haha Singer owning Cedar Wright in a grappling match on a climbing movie is a good watch. I was stoked to see that and at the time although I didnt know I thought he probably was 10th planet.. Hey Singer I am curious if you actually drew that picture of Cedar with the Ice ax in his back ? Anyhow I thought you were a great addition to that video.
    Thanks, Stephan, but I've never seen it; I've heard I come off as a psycho. Yes, I did paint that picture. Cedar trundled a rock on me on Mt. Asgard and almost killed me. Super cool that there's a few climbers lingering around 10th Planet. Gregarius, I didn't think it was common knowledge that I had soloed the Rostrum; here's what that looks like if you've ever wondered. (You can see the harness hanging in the far shot because I rapped in for the photo and Beth couldn't pull it up because I botched the rigging and there was drag. I'm at roughly the same spot in both photos.)

Rock on.

Last edited by singer; 01-10-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    You guys should really check out The Move Smart Podcast. A great podcast that I recently came across. They discuss a lot about rock climbing as well as gymnastics, parkour, martial arts, flexibility, mobility, strength and overall human movement.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Thanks for the insight in to that situation. They obviously left out the details.. like Cedar tossing rocks down at you! Fuckers. not to mention if he also stole your rack of gear and sold it as was mentioned in the film. Even though they tried to paint the psycho image when I saw you roll and then instructing them after I figured you were a decent dude. Not to mention you could have easily killed Cedar had you wanted.. lol

Array

School
    Ronin
    Damn thats a crazy picture.. Deff Black Belt

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    There has been some discussion in this thread about someone who's free climbing being blackbelt.

There are black belts, and there are black belts...

Free climbing anything over 20' that's more than a 5.6 is more black belt than almost anyone alive. On this subject, Jiu Jitsu is not even close to a fair comparison. Getting choked out 1000x is nothing compared to one single mistake made while free climbing.

singer, I'm in awe.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 01-20-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Seriously, I'm visibly shaking just looking at those pics and trying to put myself in your head.

for those who may be reading this thread but not completely sure what's being talked about... we're talking about a guy being, literally, hundreds of feet in the air with no rope, no harness, no safety gear or protection of any kind. Hanging on by fingers and toes... just trying to stay calm.

no fucking joke

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    http://www.coaststeepskier.com/wphome/

This guys mindset motivates me too.

Array

School
    10th Planet SF/Melbourne
    Thanks, glad you guys enjoyed those. I'm including one more here that would offer a little more perspective to non-climbers. Roped vs free solo climbing is exactly the same as training at the gym vs a comp; except for the potential to starfish 1000 feet into a spectacular crater, of course. Some people have the mental control to make the two exactly the same and go out there and perform, and others go out there and fall to pieces. When I saw Eddie come on stage at Metamoris I could see that he was in that mode, the one on my face in this photo, and I felt a massive surge of excitement for him. I observed that he was a notch ahead of Royler there and felt like he was going to show it.

Last edited by singer; 01-20-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123