Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon
    Quote Originally Posted by apygav View Post
    Hi All,

I'm having a bit of trouble with a Gracie Purple belt at my gym - he keeps catching me with Guillotines as I'm setting up my lockdown sweeps - any advice??

Thx
    Especially if you're whipping up, ear to belly button/ flared elbow up/ and modified S grip has helped me w/ controlling posture.

It'll take a while. One of my favorite quotes is that "perfect posture can exist in every situation or position." Something like that. The same way how if you're on top and your head leans forward, if you're on bottom and your chin starts to drop, you're open to all sorts of head hunting attacks like guillotines, darces, and anacondas. Marcelo Garcia is a master at getting on top and snapping onto guillotines anytime that someone's posture breaks even just a little bit. Just work some of the stuff said in here, and you'll start to naturally keep your head out of risky spots.

Array

School
    10th Planet Oceanside
    Double understand and starving child should help that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaos Keith View Post
    Um what
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Ha ha - yeh?? Great advice, thanx guys, I've have been playing the 1/4 game for ages and this is the first time I have found this, will keep the above in mind - thanks again!!

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaos Keith View Post
    Another agent of Renato. Say no to child support.

Array

School
    10th Planet Oceanside
    Haha sorry it was very late when I wrote that, what I meant was get perfect underhooks, whip up, tuck your head under and curl up (starving child).

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    That perfect whip to s grip works for me. I've taken a lot of licks playing lockdown, but I never had a problem with guillotines. Mostly americanas and darces. The details of the basic whip to perfect du are crucial and easily overlooked if you don't know them.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    After watching Eddie dominate Royler from lockdown I went back and dedicated time to the position and now get choked must less often.
    As someone who has been training with Pat recently I can attest to the above lol...

Another tip I heard is to place ur forehead on where your opponent's belt buckle would be. If you that you should be at minimal risk for guillotines or arm in chokes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12