Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC

Promoted to Purple by Marcelo Garcia

Got my Purple last night from Marcelo Garcia. A true honor. Might have happened sooner if had never discovered 10th Planet though.

When Marcelo opened his academy in NYC in 2009 I had 4 stripes on my Blue Belt (from Marcos Santos, currently a 5th degree Black Belt under Rigan Machado and Carlos Machado). For my first 3 years at Marcelo's academy I took nogi classes only. To this day, nogi training is the only training I fully enjoy. The Lockdown and Rubber Guard (Muddy Waters) is the core of my nogi game. Needless to say, during those 3 years, I did not receive one promotion from Marcelo.

Two years ago, when I went back to gi training, I chose to remove the stripes from my Blue Belt. The level of training is so high at Marcelo's that I felt a no stripe Blue Belt was a more accurate reflection of my true rank. One year later, Marcelo gave me 3 stripes. And last night, he promoted me to Purple. In total, I spent 10 years at Blue Belt. So for anyone out there who feels their promotions don't come fast enough, remember that

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Congrats!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores/Mobile
    Congrats my brotha!

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Congrats mate.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Congrats!
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    That's awesome! Congrats Ric!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Congrats Ric

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Got my Purple last night from Marcelo Garcia. A true honor. Might have happened sooner if had never discovered 10th Planet though.

When Marcelo opened his academy in NYC in 2009 I had 4 stripes on my Blue Belt (from Marcos Santos, currently a 5th degree Black Belt under Rigan Machado and Carlos Machado). For my first 3 years at Marcelo's academy I took nogi classes only. To this day, nogi training is the only training I fully enjoy. The Lockdown and Rubber Guard (Muddy Waters) is the core of my nogi game. Needless to say, during those 3 years, I did not receive one promotion from Marcelo.

Two years ago, when I went back to gi training, I chose to remove the stripes from my Blue Belt. The level of training is so high at Marcelo's that I felt a no stripe Blue Belt was a more accurate reflection of my true rank. One year later, Marcelo gave me 3 stripes. And last night, he promoted me to Purple. In total, I spent 10 years at Blue Belt. So for anyone out there who feels their promotions don't come fast enough, remember that

Congrats brotha!

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Congrats man, and thanks for sharing. It puts a lot in to perspective for me. I just got my 2nd and 3rd stripe on my White Belt tonight after 10 months of training, and I thought they were coming slowly, haha.

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Congrats dude !!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast