Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Portland

That moment when...

So guys, I have a question, especially for the moon heads or aspiring moon heads:

When was the moment you realized you wanted to get off of the grid and teach jiu jitsu full time? Did it just happen to fall in place, or was it something you actively worked for? What triggered you to decide that's what you wanted to spend the rest of your life doing? What were your biggest fears? Did you ever second guess it?

I know this is more of a series of questions, but I'm just curious. Of course, that's probably the ultimate goal for a large percentage of us, and it's been on my mind. But last night, I realized this is exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life. I don't know how it will happen, and I have a looooong way to go. But, you can't blame me for dreaming, right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    I felt like that 2nd week of training. I'm 2.5 years in now and it hasn't really changed, but obviously my situation dictates that a lot happens in other parts of my life before that could become a reality. In the meantime, we all know it's a life journey so doesn't hurt to stay on the mats and improve day to day, week to week knowing that we'd be needing to put in the mat time anyway

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    About a week after ADCC 2003
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    About a week after ADCC 2003
    That makes total sense. Your first win over Royler was epic to say the least, and undoubtedly a pivotal role in the system becoming what it is today. 10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    Could you see the spark in my eye when we were chilling with Dewitt last night?

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    I felt like that 2nd week of training. I'm 2.5 years in now and it hasn't really changed, but obviously my situation dictates that a lot happens in other parts of my life before that could become a reality. In the meantime, we all know it's a life journey so doesn't hurt to stay on the mats and improve day to day, week to week knowing that we'd be needing to put in the mat time anyway
    Absolutely. This journey is definitely a lifetime investment. So, was it two weeks in that you hit a switch and have dedicated everything you can to make it a reality, or just when you decided it was something you would one day, actively pursue? When will it be the right time? What do you want to accomplish before you commit yourself to a moon, and where?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hughes View Post
    So guys, I have a question, especially for the moon heads or aspiring moon heads:

When was the moment you realized you wanted to get off of the grid and teach jiu jitsu full time? Did it just happen to fall in place, or was it something you actively worked for? What triggered you to decide that's what you wanted to spend the rest of your life doing? What were your biggest fears? Did you ever second guess it?

I know this is more of a series of questions, but I'm just curious. Of course, that's probably the ultimate goal for a large percentage of us, and it's been on my mind. But last night, I realized this is exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life. I don't know how it will happen, and I have a looooong way to go. But, you can't blame me for dreaming, right?
    I'm honestly not sure when I made the decision but it was probably about a couple years after starting training when I realized Jiu Jitsu was pretty much all I thought about. It's an obsession.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    I feel you man. I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's in biology and have opportunities to go to grad school, which I may still do, but I want nothing more than to teach jiu jitsu full time. My goal is to help infect South Florida with one of its first moons someday.

Key word being "someday" though. A blue belt wouldn't be competitive with all these black belts and coral belts around here. So all I can do is train and get better and keep trudging my path of scholarly achievement.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    I feel you man. I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's in biology and have opportunities to go to grad school, which I may still do, but I want nothing more than to teach jiu jitsu full time. My goal is to help infect South Florida with one of its first moons someday.

Key word being "someday" though. A blue belt wouldn't be competitive with all these black belts and coral belts around here. So all I can do is train and get better and keep trudging my path of scholarly achievement.
    I hope you do man. Florida needs a moon
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast