Array

School
    The Forge BJJ

Not getting enough JJ from class?

So I've been training for a week now, every day. I'm having a blast, but at the same time I'm feeling very unsatisfied.

I feel like by the time I'm fully warmed up, class is over and it's time to go home. I could easily train several times longer. I'm breaking a sweat, but not fully.

I'm finding this kind of frustrating. Is this common? Any suggestions?

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    I have had similar feelings in different classes for different arts. Sometimes it feels like they put so much conditioning in the class that you don't get enough time to do technique. I can do conditioning on my own time. What I am paying for is the technique.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    If you're just starting out I wouldn't worry about getting a hell of a workout in. Learning new technique is usually done slowly so you can really take it in and understand it. Once you know it, you'll start drilling it faster and faster with time. Then by the time you start rolling at the end of class you'll already be a little more warmed up and loose. As you get more familiar and comfortable with the positions you'll know exactly what you want to do when you're rolling and you'll be a lot more competitive with your teammates. Even if you're just getting a half hour of rolling in, that should be plenty of time to exhaust yourself. Another thing about jiu jitsu is during all the fun of rolling, you don't realize how hard you're working. lol
    Last edited by Nick Paul; 01-28-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    So I've been training for a week now, every day. I'm having a blast, but at the same time I'm feeling very unsatisfied.

I feel like by the time I'm fully warmed up, class is over and it's time to go home. I could easily train several times longer. I'm breaking a sweat, but not fully.

I'm finding this kind of frustrating. Is this common? Any suggestions?
    Stay the course. Invest in jiu jitsu outside of class by utilizing resources and gaining knowledge. This website is full of knowledge. Apply said knowledge. See it work, see it not work. Absorb. Ask questions. Make adjustments. Play the game. Continue to stay da course.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 01-29-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Array

School
    Ronin
    You've caught the bug. There will be times you train 4-6 hours a day 4-6 days a week and you don't feel you've satisfied your cravings of learnt as much as you could have.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Just gonna throw this out there as well: I think everyone catches this bug at some point with Jiu Jitsu and you can't get enough, but just try and not let yourself get burned out with it - too much of anything can ruin it.