Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hindu Control

Mojoplata

Hindu Control

I've been playing Hindu control a lot here lately because I've found it to be a great position for controlling the pace from the bottom. I was wondering if anyone has some attacks other than the standard Guillotine or Triangle (which is really just the meat hook triangle)?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    The stock, dead orchard arm bar, zombie to one armed kimura (probably low percentage), switch to gun show (another triangle set up, x choke), what I call dog show (gun show from chill dog for a nice transition to gogo clinch/shoulder lock series, or gun show triangle set up), etc. It's not always about the individual spots you're in, but how you're able to flow between spots.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    The stock, dead orchard arm bar, zombie to one armed kimura (probably low percentage), switch to gun show (another triangle set up, x choke), what I call dog show (gun show from chill dog for a nice transition to gogo clinch/shoulder lock series, or gun show triangle set up), etc. It's not always about the individual spots you're in, but how you're able to flow between spots.
    If you're ever in California, you got teach me these set ups.

Mojoplata

I'm not sure what Gun Show or the Stock is, is it anywhere on MTS? I'm gonna try setting up dead orchard with hindu tonight.

Mojoplata

I found Gun Show, and I kinda use the dog cshow but I zombie first and wizzer the around their arm then grab my leg like chill dog as close to the knee that I can to get a tight grip on their shoulder. It's a really awesome sweep!
    Last edited by Mojoplata; 01-25-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    We can definitely trade ideas when I make it out there! But lemme just say that Hindu is something I'm really just getting into, so I'm definitely not qualified to say that I'm good at it. I just know that you can work this stuff in there...... If you really wanna give up the Hindu control that is. To me, being caught in Hindu is one of the most compromising positions I've ever found myself in. Josh Yelverton at 10PGS is a killer with it. I literally give up mount to avoid being caught in Hindu.
    Last edited by Ross Davidson; 01-23-2015 at 05:09 AM.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    get workin on that lotus!

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    I don't know a lot about this position, but after EBI 1 it caught my attention and even more so after reading this forum. I looked up some of Ben Eddy's stuff on youtube, and found this link (http://youtu.be/Y5ZQNgG2hNC) that goes over some stuff that might help. Also, this link (http://youtu.be/dvtddSKlyK8) might help add some flare to your game that I just found, and now I'm going to go try some of these submissions out this week.
    Last edited by TThompson; 01-23-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Coincidentally I've just been looking at these techniques today. Here's the material I've found so far:

Ben's initial video is good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ZQNgG2hNc

But there have been improvements since that was filmed and I can't remember exactly where I saw it. Episode of MTS probably. From what I remember:

Ben changed his grip on the choke from S-Grip to Reverse-Gable.
    I think Ben also said he's no longer pushing his left hand between his chest and his left thigh to complete the choke, instead he's reaching over his left shin and going through the hole between his calf and left thigh from the underside to connect the choke to his right hand.

What seems most impressive to me about this technique is that you can get passed on the right and you don't care. That seems amazing.

Another thing I noticed is that Ben's shoulders are very wide, and he seems to have considerable flexibility in them. I'm curious how necessary that is to make this series of techniques effective. You need good hip flexibility to play rubber guard, it looks to me like you need good shoulders to play Hindu.

I am curious how Hindu Control might translate to MMA. For starters the glove, acting like an anchor once you bury that right arm under the neck, and for another bare sweaty arms and chest would probably allow you to slide that right arm in much more easily. That pocket on the right that you are burying your arm into looks to be really tight. That seems to be what that Meathook setup is about, he's using it to rotate the opponent's chest and open up that pocket so he can swing his right arm in there. If it's a big sweaty meaty naked dude on top of you, that arm probably slips right in that pocket a lot easier.

Also in MMA I imagine you might be able to hide a serious glove-lock (not sure what it's called when you illegally hook your fingers into the wrist of your other glove). But could the ref even see that shit under all that stuff? Not that I endorse cheating, but you can bet that if you can get away with it some guys are going to
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 01-23-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    well I know what I'll be looking up on my lunch break

thx Brother!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast