Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th planet sf
    Quote Originally Posted by ben jones View Post
    years ago as a 10 p purple I would train at a gi school now and then teacher asked to wear a white belt
    I did out of respect
    but now id tell em to pound sand
    disrespectfull to my coach sure i get collar choked a few times but its the same game generally to me
    The thoughts of you wrecking shop in a white belt is hilarious to me. =)

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    I trained almost exclusively no gi for two years. I've started the gi recently and as long as I can fight the grips, I do alright. Not quite as good as no gi obviously, but decent against most comparable belt levels. That being said, it is a very different game.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ (SousaBJJ.com)
    This thread has been done about 20 times already

Array

School
    10th PLANET CORONA
    send me the link to this topic being discussed previously. I appreciate it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
    This thread has been done about 20 times already
    You've been done 20 times already!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    I find most gi guys I face are just fresh meat. In saying that, there are aspects of the gi game that are awesome and super helpful but I fully believe that a no gi grappler will do better in gi than a gi grappler in no gi. The concepts are different but no gi translates better into gi. I'm fine either way having a nogi belt rank and a gi one.

But really I don't think it really matters. I was just thinking, Joe Rogan has a black belt in both gi and no gi. But as far as I'M aware Eddie got his black belt in the gi. or at least only talks about having one belt. If you think back to it, The no gi grapplers, Who was the first black belt if they all came from gi. some guy just decided that he was bad ass enough to be a no gi black belt. I dunno take that idea whichever way you want. Belts are cool like but help you win very often. ID prefer better skill speed strength and techniques

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12